I have A Little Hatred... SPOILER ALERT!

Boaz

Happy Easter!
So, finally go the book today.

This year, I've reread all of the novels and short stories regarding the world of The First Law to lead up to starting A Little Hatred.

Just finished the first chapter.

Sun < Wolf < Lion < Lamb < Owl.

I think I know the Sun and the Lamb. But maybe not. You have to be realistic about these things.

Say one thing for Joe Abercrombie, say he's bloody.

Boaz

Happy Easter!
Say one thing for nixie, say he's got a way with clerks.

Boaz

Happy Easter!
Buzzed posting is drunk posting.

Whatever.

Finished ALH over two weeks ago. Good book. New characters. Old characters. New plots... same problems... new problems. I enjoyed it. The problem is that it is the first of a trilogy... so it introduces new characters and plots while not giving any resolution. I cannot type more without spoiling it.

Edit: I'll spoil a little bit....

I remember Jezal dan Luthar. I remember Sand dan Glokta. I remember Ardee West. Bayaz. The Dogman. Caul Shivers. Calder. Scale. Wonderful. Corporal Tunney. And now there is Leo, Stour, Rikke, Orso, and Savine...

Wait!

Orso and Savine... seriously? No, no, no.

So we know the Sun, the Wolf and the Lion.

Do I really have to wait for 350 days for the next book? Oh right, I've waited eight years for The Winds of Winter... okay, no big deal.

Mister_Oy

Just finished it and loved it. Good to see some of the old gang back but older - and the new lot are pretty good too!

It’s gonna be a long wait for No2 :(

biodroid

Expensive Gadget User
I assume it's better to read the previous books first before this one?

Boaz

Happy Easter!
@biodroid I second Dozmonic's comment. There is a first trilogy (The Blade Itself, Before They Are Hanged, Last Argument of Kings) and three stand alone stories (Best Served Cold, The Heroes, and Red Country). I read them out of order... 4, 6, 1, 2, 3, 5.... And I enjoyed them. My understanding of the Bloody Nine and my introduction of him was completely different than it was supposed to be... If you read 7, 8, 9... and then the first six, you might enjoy the revelations about Glokta, Luthar, the Dogman, Bremer, et al... but it might be best if you understood Bayaz... or maybe not.