5.11: Fear the Walking Dead - You're Still Here

ctg

weaver of the unseen
whcpCmh.jpg

As Alicia struggles to find her new role in the convoy, she's drawn to mysterious artwork; a simple scouting trip is derailed when she and Strand are thrust into a conflict between desperate survivors; Morgan and Al hit a roadblock.

I did find Alicia change a bit strange. It was as if she had acquired a PTSD from killing too many dead and she couldn't hack it, even when there was obvious danger. I'm not sure I'd buy it as to me it was breaking my disbelief.

I'm not sure that it would happen so, as in my own personal demons, I have only failed once, and in the all the other times I pushed through the hell and sacrificied my sanity, because of it. It's true that PTSDs can halt you from doing things, but if you really need to do, as in Alicia's case, you can do it and suffer later. It's better if you are not pushed into it but people, like Strand, allowed her to heal. It's just in the story, she was healed by her experiencing Wes' betrayal.

I'm glad that Morgan and Al didn't get to see the breakdown of a writer, and miraculous healing of Alicia, because I'm not sure Morgan could have hacked it. There's still something lingering in the background, even though he tries to be the valiant leader. But to be honest, I'm not sure that Fear's group as it has ballooned between the season, has a proper leadership. Instead they are like nomads, going from a place to another, and getting stronger in between.

I want the warrior princess back, I can sort of understand Alicia's breakdown, sometimes things happen you lose confidence, doubt your ability to get the job done.

We seen a glimpse of the other Morgan, I really thought he was going to kill Logan, for bad guys they aren't very threatening. Why not grab Morgan as a hostage and make Al talk. Not sure Morgan would tell but I think Al would to save the others.

Wes, has been on his own to long he needs to find a way back.

I can't see a clear leader in the Fear crew, Madison had her faults but was capable of taking charge. None of the others seem to have that presence except maybe Daniel but I don't think the others would trust him.

We seen a glimpse of the other Morgan, I really thought he was going to kill Logan, for bad guys they aren't very threatening. Why not grab Morgan as a hostage and make Al talk.

To me it feels that Logan is scared of Morgan. He doesn't want to remove him out from the picture, but he also doesn't want to be forced do something he might regret later on. Frankly, Logan feels like an old fool, than a dedicated scavenger. His method is stealing rather than hunting. Frankly he should drop that old fool act, if he wants to live longer than end of this season. I don't understand what does his followers see in him?

I can't see a clear leader in the Fear crew, Madison had her faults but was capable of taking charge. None of the others seem to have that presence except maybe Daniel but I don't think the others would trust him.

Exactly, there is none and there are also at the same time too many alpha personas. Yet, all of them try to avoid taking the role, even though they could act the role since somebody has to do it. The best thing for them would be a strong alpha, or a council that everyone listens.

To me it feels that Logan is scared of Morgan. He doesn't want to remove him out from the picture, but he also doesn't want to be forced do something he might regret later on. Frankly, Logan feels like an old fool, than a dedicated scavenger. His method is stealing rather than hunting. Frankly he should drop that old fool act, if he wants to live longer than end of this season. I don't understand what does his followers see in him?

Hyenas rather than lions, he resembles a toothless predator unable to kill his prey, none of those with him seem to think for themselves.

Reactions: ctg
This episode was a step down from the last.
Alicia does appear to be a PTSD victim, although I fail to understand her failure to distinguish the difference between "killing" the dead and killing the living. Tree painting may be her therapeutic road to recovery.
Morgan's inability to come to terms with his family losses has been stretched too far. Go back to Grace, you dummy.
Logan's failure to rise to a Negan level of villainy, I think, is based on his big picture battle, which apparently requires control of the oil field and fuel supplies. He does not appear to be the killing type, exemplified by riddling the motorcycle with bullets instead of its owner.
Al got a similar greater purpose explanation from her pilot pal. That makes me think that the coming conflict is going to be between the forces represented by Logan and the helicopter people.

Logan's failure to rise to a Negan level of villainy, I think, is based on his big picture battle, which apparently requires control of the oil field and fuel supplies. He does not appear to be the killing type, exemplified by riddling the motorcycle with bullets instead of its owner.

I find whole Logan's case being so stupid. What problem he has on acquiring a map and finding out an oil well. In Texas there must be pumps all over the place, and most of the not in hard locations. Some countries doesn't have oil at all, even if they have a refinement capability. How to operate a refinement plant safely after most people are gone is a question mark, and there is no easy answers, as you'd need some experience or a brilliant chemical, engineering mind to get it.

Logan seems to want to be a King, but his actions puts him into the robber baron category at the best.

I have to agree with you all; the logic behind the character's actions is beyond me. Except for Wes, I understood him. Logan is a poorly drawn villain. I hope he goes soon, but it is his gang I find harder to believe. I don't know what they see in him to follow.

Reactions: ctg
I had forgotten about the 2nd half of the season and have finally watched this particular episode and I am afraid it is no more for me. The camera story angle has gone as far a sit can for me, the acting has got worse, the characters are predictable. It is as bad as TWD was when that particular show was at its worst but without the characters as vividly drawn as Rick or Michonne or Carol or even Negan. I will read the following threads to pick up the story.