DISCUSSION THREAD -- August 2019 -- 75-Word Writing Challenge

Thank you for the review, Victoria! Really enjoyed your, and Peter V's opening stories. :)

edit to @Peter V - it is kind of liberating posting on the first day, isn't it? I just find myself wishing I could write another one, in a week or so. ;)

Usually I ponder for a few days, sometimes a couple of weeks and then get a bit written down to see where it goes. Then I edit and re-write half a dozen times before bouncing it round a few people and then dismantling it. Then I usually come up with another idea, or even two and bounce those around. Then I descend into a morass of indecision... So in my lunchtime today I take a look and think immediately that I haven't got a clue. Then I just started writing and a little idea surfaced. Less than ten minutes later and with one small edit I have posted it and more importantly, I did it without showing it to anyone for their opinion. Utterly out of character for me and surprisingly therapeutic. And I got to use the word juxtaposition when I showed it to my daughter this evening. Hardly ever get to use that word in conversation.

Now for anyone who didn't think me a bit odd before, welcome to my world.

o_O

Here just about half a world away --- Denali Alaska --- Where everything is shrouded in mist and fog and the occasional rain shower (Yea, it was a good day for scenery and wild game views. :rolleyes:) I find that over where it is now tomorrow, someone has put gardening and noir together?!! Surely they will be judged. I expect all manner of stories about pushing up daisies.

@Peter V ---- A Good Year for the Roses ---- Peter leaves us worried about what's moldering in the ground on a sunny day.

@Victoria Silverwolf ---- Killing Weeds ----
Victoria gives us a whole new twist to weed killers, the birds and the bees, and a flower bed.

@Cat's Cradle ---- Kill Me, Join Me ---- Cat brings pruning up, or is it down, to a whole new level.

@nixie ---- Crash!, Bang!, Wallop!
---- Nixie has me asking, "What kind of plant defense was that?"

@reiver33 ---- The Medium-Length Nap ---- Reiver might call it a medium length nap but it reads like a full on war with a gravel voiced hero.

@dannymcg .... Starry, starry night .... Danny brings us inside the most famous garden arrest from the side of the Heat but not the Light.

++++ No apologies necessary. Fine story and I hadn't even thought of using garden like that! ++++

@dannymcg .... Starry, starry night .... Danny brings us inside the most famous garden arrest from the side of the Heat but not the Light.
My story title was from the Don McClean song 'Vincent' about Van Gogh (who famously cut off his ear)
I was trying to reflect it to the Roman soldier getting his ear cut off during the arrest at Gethsemane

@Daysman …. So Excellent a King …. Daysman let’s us look in on the gumshoe of the vast garden habitat.

@Marvin …. The Gardener …. Marvin tells us a tale of a the sprouts in a murderous garden.

@chrispenycate …. Herb Garden pavanne …. Chris introduces us to a hero who has a nose for the job.

My story title was from the Don McClean song 'Vincent' about Van Gogh (who famously cut off his ear)
I was trying to reflect it to the Roman soldier getting his ear cut off during the arrest at Gethsemane
Knew about Van Gogh but did not know the McClean song about his famous painting.

One of my favourite songs of his. I know all the words, I played it countless times in my college years.

I’m in. Quite enjoyed writing this one. Must be honest when I saw the theme and genre I thought I’d really struggle as it was way out of my comfort zone, but this idea came to me quickly and within 30 minutes I was done.
Hope you all enjoy reading this one as much as I enjoyed writing it.
Pedro.

Back