DISCUSSION THREAD, June 2019 75-Word Writing Challenge

Congrats, @Victoria Silverwolf! A very good story - caught my attention from the start!

Many thanks to @Pedro Del Mar, @Abernovo, @Luiglin, and @Mr Orange for the votes - very much appreciated! And thanks also to those who listed or mentioned my story! To be perfectly honest, I posted so early I'd kind of forgotten what I'd submitted when it came time to vote, so I didn't have a huge amount of hope that it'd resonate with others!

Waiting on the next theme. Let's hope it's another doable one like the last; I suspect Tall Tales may go on the resident Santa's naughty list. (Along with Kipling, thankfully...whew. Never again, Chrispy, never again! XD)

Congrats @Victoria Silverwolf for the win - now remember, Carry On and Matron ;)

Always a bridesmaid, never a bride. Hang on, I've been a bride but never a bridesmaid - win :ROFLMAO:

Thanks to @Peter V, @Daysman, @Ian Fortytwo, @L.L.Lotte, @MikeAnderson and @J.C. Scoberg for the votes, plus the mentions folks.

Hooked was all about addiction and one that is often relatable to today. In a world where biotech means each of your five senses is enhanced and permanently on, who wouldn't want a time of silence? A Faraday Cage itself wouldn't necessarily do it but I thought it would be a good name for a club that offered some sort of blocking service.

Just a pity that in hindsight I messed up the last but one line - spotted, as normal, after the hour deadline had passed.

Faraday's Cage, the neon sign above the door read. He stepped through and into blissful silence < original.

Faraday's Cage blinked the neon sign over the door. He stepped through and into blissful silence < preferred.

Congratulations, Victoria! Terrific story. Looking forward to July, CC

Congratulations @Victoria Silverwolf on the win; some terrific stories. It was my first competition this month and I look forward to taking part in more.

Also, a huge thank you to @dannymcg for the vote and to @Garfunkel for the mention.

My story was partly inspired by hearing the Queen song "I want to break free" (and thinking of the video, which always makes me laugh) and working back from that point. Not the most cyberpunk of inspirations and one maybe closer in fact to Carry On Matron ;)

Well done @Victoria Silverwolf , your win blows to smithereens my theory that one shouldn't post too early and instead should let the story simmer and stew for a couple of weeks to ensure the full flavour arises.

And thanks for the votes
@TheDustyZebra @Garfunkel @IntoTheBlack

And thanks for the mentions everyone

whose title made me think of the Christmas story
Actually, the title is a Shakespeare quote from Much Ado About Nothing.
Silence is the perfectest herald of joy: I were but little happy, if I could say how much. Lady, as you are mine, I am yours: I give away myself for you and dote upon the exchange.
You can't go far wrong, stealing from the Bard. ;)

As to my effort, I originally was going with the idea of the drones acting like tracking cookies used by the big corporations of Guugli and Fecibuuk, following people around everywhere, and instead of an ad-blocker, my character had an ad-swatter. The chamber at the end was supposed to hint at an anechoic chamber.

I also should have read the other entries before posting because then I would have changed my ending to joyful silence instead of blissful so it didn't clash with @Luiglin's. It would have fitted with the title better as well.

Thanks for listening

This was a good batch of stories. :)

Ones I particularly liked are:

- Boy Meets Girl by @Victoria Silverwolf
- Thank you for the music by @Marvin
- Nostalgia Hacked by @Ivy Moser
- The Whole E-Mail by @J.C. Scoberg
- Ex Vitro by @Shyrka
- Unsound Engineering by @Ursa major
- The Perfectest Herald Of Joy by @M. Robert Gibson (I voted for this one)
- The Opera Is Not Over Until The X23B Excavator Sings. by @David Evil Overlord

Also, thank you so much @nixie, @Karn's Return, @Elanvitalseries and @Laura R Hepworth for the votes, and @Parson, @Luiglin and @Ivy Moser for the mentions. :D I'm really glad you enjoyed the story!
Much appreciated! Glad you liked the story :)

Nicely done, @Victoria Silverwolf. Well-deserved. I didn't get chance to write up my shortlist but it was in there!

Thank you to everyone who entered. It was fascinating to see how people interpreted my theme and genre. The fact that there were several entries that revolved around a particular theme was intriguing to say the least. Well done everyone!

Back