Just finished "Betrayer of Worlds" - curious about Ringworld's mention

shigglyboo

So near the end of Betrayer of Worlds after Nessus has deleted the archives he's asking Betager (sp?) about the info that was lost. There's a mention of the G'woth discovering hidden in the files what they did regarding the Ringworld.

I'm confused because according to the timeline this should be the first mention of Ringworld. What did the Puppeteers do? It's been a long time since I read the Ringworld series, I'm just now reading the Fleet of World series because I didn't want to read Fate of Worlds without having read those. What is Betager thinking about when he muses about the secret about the Ringworld?

Spoiler if you haven't read 'Fleet of Worlds'. Apparently, the Puppeteers were responsible for releasing some bioweapon that destroyed all the superconductor thread on the Ringworld. I sorta remember that being mentioned briefly in Betrayer, but how did they discover the Ringworld in the first place? Seems like something's missing.

Spoiler if you haven't read 'Fleet of Worlds'. Apparently, the Puppeteers were responsible for releasing some bioweapon that destroyed all the superconductor thread on the Ringworld. I sorta remember that being mentioned briefly in Betrayer, but how did they discover the Ringworld in the first place? Seems like something's missing.
Actually, that's from Ringworld Engineers, the 2nd RW book, so it's no spoiler for 'Fleet of Worlds'.

Back