Game of Thrones: 8.04 - The Last of the Starks

Some serious spoilers around with a believable source. Avoid if you can, peeps.
Don’t get attached to anyone...

Yeah, I saw something inadvertently this morning (which actually makes it the third week in a row). It was just an article title, and I choose to believe it was speculation not an actual spoiler, but I clicked away as fast as I could in any case.

Yeah, I saw something inadvertently this morning (which actually makes it the third week in a row). It was just an article title, and I choose to believe it was speculation not an actual spoiler, but I clicked away as fast as I could in any case.

Being nosy (and, also, not the most spoiler adverse person there is) I did click. I think it’s mostly supposition but there are at least 5 character reveals in there (including 4 big ones) that feel too detailed to not have a source. Best avoided for the spoiler adverse

It's hard to avoid spoilers these days. For this most recent episode I had Missandei's death spoiled by, of all things, one of our local news websites, which posted an article with a super spoilery title and picture about an hour or so after the episode aired in the US - which is the middle of the day on Monday here, so many hours before most people watch it on Monday evening...

don't tell me, ed sheeran gets killed, right?

it's a shame there are so few bad people left to die - there are probably only 3 deserved deaths left, and a lot of undeserved (and probably unnecessary) deaths before them i'm sure.

GRRM did hint in interviews at the possibility many, many people would die in his books by the end. Like almost everybody. Makes sense the same might well happen in the show. in fact, it's more likely to happen in the show than in the books. I'm pretty sure everybody already realises that nobody is safe in this show. Nobody.

It's hard to avoid spoilers these days. For this most recent episode I had Missandei's death spoiled by, of all things, one of our local news websites, which posted an article with a super spoilery title and picture about an hour or so after the episode aired in the US - which is the middle of the day on Monday here, so many hours before most people watch it on Monday evening...

Some people just have no care. At least censor the title of the article.... Unfortunately this is the world we live in now, with social media and the internet, you either have to cut off all contact from the outside world, or watch it at the same time as the US… like what the writer of that news article must have done.

Last edited:
This obsession with who-gets-killed has become a bit of a tiresome cliché.
I would be more than pleased if, as the show runners (I think joshingly ) said that 'almost' everyone is left alive …. that would really under cut my expectations...which always entertains me.

Last fall in an interview with David Nutter the director said that GoT had generated some fake spoilers... at least that multi sequences had been made, ssems I saw a cast member mention the same thing later. So could be there are false spoilers for next episode generated by the show itself!

Maybe to continue their "Anyone Can Die" trope, they do a Blakes Seven or Firefly ending in which everyone kills off the rest of the surviving cast members.

Arya Stark to Tywin Lannister : No, my lord. Anyone can be killed!

Maybe to continue their "Anyone Can Die" trope, they do a Blakes Seven or Firefly ending in which everyone kills off the rest of the surviving cast members.

Arya Stark to Tywin Lannister : No, my lord. Anyone can be killed!
Every body can be run over by a truck!.... Michael O'Donoghue

I guess modified to everybody was run over by a huge beer wagon.

Last edited:
Some crazy theories going about but thats been the fun of this show since its inception. This epiosde brought back a lot of good memories of the glory days of the show. Just hope the last two can deliiver as we have invested a long time.. nevermind the book readers. Must be crazy to finally see a show end if you were a fan from the 90s.

Episode 5 is another Miguel Sapochnik one, reports earlier had that it was a bigger battle than Ep3.
I am very intrigued because I can't figure what is going to happen , heard something about it that sounds out of left field , so I don't think that will happen... hope it does because it sounds spectacular..
It bothers me that almost all the 80 min. , seems, will be taken up with a military conflict when there at least 100 loose ends in the story cover , there is not enough time.... even with an 80 min episode 6.
I hope David and Dan have a tighter teleplay than recently because seams have been showing.

*start rant*
I did consider making a complaint about the inability of people to follow the protocol that has always been in place here i.e.
----------------------------
Creating topic, remember you
can only discuss this episode
inside this topic.
Reviews of
the episode are encouraged
-----------------------------
You have no idea how annoyed it makes some people when you post things from later episodes in an earlier episode thread. Once upon a time it was probably the most complained about subject on these forums. However, whatever it is here, it is in spoiler quotes and I didn't open it to read it. Others could do that too.

Then I went on Twitter and a character's name is trending. You cannot avoid seeing that. This will be impossible to avoid whatever it is that happens in Ep.5. I expect it will be in a newspaper headline or blasted on the radio this morning (usually, it is done casually by presenters who don't even watch GoT themselves.) This is a new world to me. No one seems to care about spoilers any longer. I officially give up trying!!!
*end rant*

Edit: Actually, several character names are now trending on Twitter. I'd avoid social media completely. And any TV, radio or newspapers. It will be exactly like that The Likely Lads episode for the rest of today (reworked by Ant and Dec 20 years later.)

Last edited:
@Dave ; Sorry I wasn't aware of such protocols. As a staff member, feel free to delete my post. I'll keep your post in mind for the future.

K2

Just a heads up that if anyone wants to discuss a new episode to start a new thread. This is a community, so it's not for any individual to take the lead, but instead any member according to need!