DISCUSSION -- APRIL 2019 300-word Writing Challenge (#33)

One hour later ...... Goodness didn't an interesting rock build lead to a plethora of original stories. And goodness didn't we write a bunch of dark, dark stories!

------------

Stories that resonated with me:

@Cathbad .... Soup Bones .... Because it was extremely original.
@elvet .... That Day at the Beach .... Because it was such a poignant story.
@Peter V .... Written in Stone .... Because it was an splendid love fantasy.
@Jo Zebedee .... Stone-Born .... Because I'm sure that this will be one of the most unusual stories I'll read this year.
@johnnyjet .... Her Thoughts Were Set in Stone .... Because it gave me a look at the "Age of Aquarius."
@Perpetual Man .... Not Forgotten .... Because it is such a true to life saga of the pioneer life.
@Teresa Edgerton .... Consecrated .... Because it had such a jaw dropping and wonderfully sweet surprise ending.

Voted for @Cathbad, @Jo Zebedee, and @Teresa Edgerton

Well, I missed out on the writing this quarter - I could (almost honestly) put it down to the visit of Nesacat and Morpheus, and the time I didn't have while trying to show them West Sussex, or the fact that I've promised to send Nesa some writings I'd done, and discovered on checking them they neededan extra edit) and everyone here knows what that entails) but that's not the complete story - nothing I tried writing was satisfactory.

Still, I did get into the voting, an my usual glacial speed. My short list consisted of:- Hummus, Jo Zebedee, johnnyjet, Perpetual Man, Peter V, Shyrka, The Judge, and Vaz. Votes went to: Hummus, Jo Zebedee and The Judge, although this might have been different on another day.

It has been really tough narrowing it down to three votes and I feel a little guilty at not voting for stories which really felt worthy of receiving one.

Notable among these are Cathbad, Stable, Rafellin, Victoria Silverwolf, Cat's Cradle, Hummus, Jo Zebedee, Parson, Johnny Jet, Perp, Cory Swanson. Teresa & The Judge.

Ultimately, I feel the three story spinners below appealed to me the most:

@ mosaix
@ Shyrka
@ Ursa major

As for my story, it has gone better than expected so a big thank you to elvet, Victoria Silverwolf, Rafellin and Vaz for the votes and also to The Big Peat, Hummus, Parson and chrispenycate for the listings / mentions.

Chuffed with four votes in the face of so much quality competition.

P

Last edited: