DISCUSSION -- APRIL 2019 300-word Writing Challenge (#33)

My shortlist and votes*

My votes ended up quite arbitrary as there were quite a few on which I couldn’t decide for sure. I knew Dan’s absurd insanity would get one and I loved Perp’s bittersweet tale. PeterV just pipped the rest for my third.
Nixie
Vaz
Peter v *
Dan*
Jo
Parson
Johnny jet
Perp*
Cory Swanson
Mosaix
Shyrka
TJ

pH

C94E1124-3A43-42E7-A2F6-14F17B51BE21.png

Love the 300 worder, and the freedom for the expression of ideas those extra 225 words allow. Here are my lists:

Honorables:
Victoria Silverwolf, nixie, Daysman, Vaz, Peter V, Perpetual Man, M. Robert Gibson, LittleStar, Ursa Major

Votes:
Jo Zebedee, johnnyjet, The Judge. Really nice stories and ideas.

A personal aside - I'm glad to have read all of the stories, and I know the pain of receiving no votes in the 300 worder. Just hang in there, and try again in July ... the next 300 worder starts in only 1.5 months.

To add to my earlier thank yous:
Vaz, Peter V and johnnyjet, thanks for the listings. Perpetual Man, Abernovo and M. Robert Gibson, thank you for the votes. Glad my weird story appealed to some people. Not sure who will win at this point, but the next few hours will be very interesting, good luck all, CC

12.59 ante meridian? Lunch time?

Umm. According to my list, Ashleyne, Cory Swanson, Mr Orange, Teresa Edgerton, The Judge and Ursa major submitted but have not yet voted, Callipenjo only used one of his three available votes, while: Abernovo, chrispenycate, L.L.Lotte, M. Robert Gibson, Pedro Del Mar and The Big Peat did not submit, but have voted.

I don't know why I tell people this - I'm convinced they know whether or not they've decided, and are only going to forget the timing…

I voted for Little Star, Starbeast and Stable. My three second places were; in fourth place Scarpelous, fifth place went to Vaz, and sixth place to Mr. Orange.
My three third place contenders were, in seventh place Teresa Edgerton, in eighth place Calliopenjo, and in ninth place Victoria Silverwolf.
Very well done stories by all.
The others I especially admired were from Nixie, Jo Zebedee, M Robert Gibson, the Judge, Luigin, Mosaix, Culhwch, Phyrebrat, Dan Jones, Johnny Jet, Cats Cradle and Parson.
it was quite difficult to vote because so many of you were absolutely excellent and I quite liked so very many of them.

I did write a story for this one but the thing had legs and sprung out to over 800 words. I know I was to just choose 300 of them and I did try that. But then it got springing out again and swelled up to 1150.
I gave up on it about then in case it had ideas of trapping me into writing an entire book of jumping rock nonsense.

Note to Self: Stop putting the liquid plant fertilizer next to the laptop. It's gone and got more then the begonias blooming growing.

Last edited: