DISCUSSION THREAD- February 2019- 75 Word Writing Challenge

@D3athw4lker .... The New World .... in the apocalypse the new world left may not be all that we might wish.

@Dr_R_Dizzle .... 15-Love .... What's left after the apocalypse might not be what you'd hope.

Justin Swanton: Terrible times create terrible people, and the lesser of two evils may still be very bad indeed.

D.A. Xiaolin Spires: In strange times, an end that seems final may be an unexpected beginning.

Peter V: History may repeat itself, and sometimes with a wry tone.

Luiglin: Seen from another perspective, our pretensions are revealed as no more than childhood games.

D3athw4lker: It is dangerous to allow one person to possess great power uncontrolled.

Dr_R_Dizzle: How can I tell if my senses are fooling me, if they are the only way I perceive reality?

Well written, but I have to admit I'm thick. I don't get it.

I was originally referring to my utterly terrible 'ig-gnome-inious' pun in the review of @Peter V's story but if you meant you didn't get my own entry then not to worry. If you don't get it, it's my fault, not yours.

Last edited:
I was originally referring to my utterly terrible 'ig-gnome-inious' pun in the review of @Peter V's story but if you meant you didn't get my own entry then not to worry. If you don't get it, it's my fault, not yours.
Or I'm trying to read more into it than I'm supposed to. A President comes to apologise to the survivors with a coin to prove he is President, or something like that?

Or I'm trying to read more into it than I'm supposed to. A President comes to apologise to the survivors with a coin to prove he is President, or something like that?

Given the rules of the challenge, I don't think I can really comment here until after the voting, but thank you for reading and commenting on my entry either way. The feedback is always useful.

@Shyrka .... The Emperor's Tears .... After the Apocalypse there are still some who will admit that they were wrong about important things.

Proposition, @Luiglin – A group of onlookers bet on the fate of humanity. Who wouldn’t trust that Azazel guy? He has the face of an angel!

The New World, @D3athw4lker – Detailing the horrified reaction to a man-made apocalypse, this all-too-believeable tale shows that if you build a button, somebody will press it.

15-Love, @Dr_R_Dizzle – Thanks to a highly infectious disease the crowd at this tennis match are about to see some serious racquet abuse. Let’s hope the umpire strikes back.

Post.Apocalypse, @CTRandallOh yes, wait a minute, Mr. Postman. Waa-aaa-aaa-ait Mr. Postman… Wait… No, please, wait!! I can pay! I swear!

Last edited:
Thank you, reviewers, for your bits. Your interpretation always seems better than my bit. lol.

Thank you

Back