Discussion -- January 2018 -- 75 Word Challenge

@Pedro Del Mar .... My button is bigger than yours .... The end of the world comes when texts are a prelude to bombs.

@Cat's Cradle .... Nothing New Under The Sun.... the next apocalypse won't be the first.

@Hugh .... StupidityStupidityStupidity ....
Apocalypse is best described as a waking nightmare, tremendous horror and small graces.

Parson, you've missed out CC's story and my name.:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Parson scratches his head. He knew it was a mistake to glance at new stories and not review until the next day, but how did I only do part of them and mix them up at that? Sorry, blame on old age and a mind like a rubber trap.

@Cat's Cradle .... Call and Response .... In the Apocalypse "Silent Spring" becomes a horrible reality.

@mosaix .... Nothing New Under The Sun.... The next Apocalypse will not be the first.

:) I was fine with the first review*, Parson, but thank you. Thanks too to Victoria, and Joe Loomis, for the reviews.

*because I liked mosaix's story.

Last edited:
Parson scratches his head. He knew it was a mistake to glance at new stories and not review until the next day, but how did I only do part of them and mix them up at that? Sorry, blame on old age and a mind like a rubber trap.

@Cat's Cradle .... Call and Response .... In the Apocalypse "Silent Spring" becomes a horrible reality.

@mosaix .... Nothing New Under The Sun.... The next Apocalypse will not be the first.

A first for the 75! I get two reviews by the same reviewer! Thanks, Parson! :)

D. A. Xiaolin Spires -- Gotta love how sometimes things can be so close to fixing things and yet there is always something to block the way.

jackwinabox57 -- It has a whole planet of the apes feel too it except cats and dogs. I wonder if they would be able to keep the peace between them?

@reiver33 .... Hellawes Awaits .... To survive on the Apocalyptic Road Trip you must beware of the Siren.

@chrispenycate .... Road out .... This is a poetic parable on the dangers of too much technical dependence being the path to the apocalypse.

@David Evil Overlord .... New I Miss The Brains Down In Africa .... brings us a tale of the zombie apocalypse brought on by someone with a huuuuuge brain.

@johnnyjet .... Sisyphus .... a tale that puts us in mind of the classic children's tale "Wall-e."

@Luiglin .... How far? .... A chilling reminder that the Apocalypse makes all of human decency a thing to be cast far away.

After reading what has been created so far, I have binned my first effort & once again haven't a Scooby.

reiver33 -- I like how it seems like you post has a little hope injected into it. A lot of them seem sad or depressing, and your hope is refreshing.

chrispenycate -- I usually don't get poetry, but I get yours. YEA! So I like how you put self-driving vehicles into the spot lite A+

David -- I am unsure if Bob was a zombie that could drive? Or just something else. I like it otherwise though.

johnnyjet -- I also really like yours as it had the automated car driving system that seemed to have sentience, but it was just doing its thing after how many ages.

Luiglin -- Desperate times call for desperate measures, but it makes me sad that it involved a kid. Althought, I'm sure that is what you expected.

@nixie .... They Came in Peace .... a tale that all preppers will appreciate and emulate.

chrispenycate -- This cautionary poem reminds us not to put all our eggs in one technological basket.

David Evil Overlord -- Pop culture provides an apt metaphor in this biting political satire.

johnnyjet -- This surprisingly moving tale proves that loyalty and faithfulness may be found in unexpected places.

Luiglin -- This powerful story demonstrates how desperation can overcome the strongest restraints on our behavior.

nixie -- This imaginative tale reminds us of the very thin line that separates paranoia from caution.

Back