• Published a book you want to tell us about? Uploaded a YouTube video you want to share?

Normally you'll need 100 posts to self-promote, but with an upgraded membership you can do so with your first post.

Find out more here: Become a Supporting Member

Discussion -- January 2018 -- 75 Word Challenge

Victoria Silverwolf

Vegetarian Werewolf
Back in the correct thread . . .

TitaniumTi -- The author manages to transform a post-modern, self-referential story in a genuinely moving tale of loss and longing.

Ashleyne -- In this moving account of inevitable endings, we see that what we value most is not what lasts forever.

SPoots -- This wry look at archetypal figures of legend reminds us that even the imaginings of humanity have all too human flaws.

dannymcg -- This gruesome horror story provides the important lesson that the innocent may suffer and evil may triumph.

Last edited:

Cathbad

Level 30 Geek Master
Greaseman saw the word "Apocalyptic", and asked me to bring Suzy back, so I tried.

(It's so much easier writing her into a 300-worder rather than a 75!!)

Parson

This world is not my home
Supporter
@Cathbad .... The Meal Ticket .... Tells a story of a human oxymoron leaving us all to wonder "What does she have up her sleeve?"

TitaniumTi

Thank you for your wonderful review, Victoria.

Great stories; I already have more than one candidate for my vote.

Parson

Supporter
@Joe Loomis .... To the Market .... When the world has fallen apart even the mundane becomes dangerous.

@Garfunkel .... The Supermarket .... In the end times even a flicker of light denotes danger.

dannymcg

Thinking to myself after the last couple of challenges that Cathbad and I have very similar twisted brains! :D

Cat's Cradle

Time, now, to read...
Supporter
I wrote my story yesterday, and just need my better half to see if it makes any sense...
It did not, previously, make sense, but I hope it does now. Sorry about the bleak entry, but I think that way when I think post-apocalyptic. Looking forward to reading all entries later in the month; now, to write up a 300 worder! :)

Victoria Silverwolf

Vegetarian Werewolf
Pedro Del Mar -- The harsh realism of this tale of an all-too-possible future inspires the reader to seek something better.

Cat's Cradle -- A poetic use of words adds a touch of myth to this vision of a changed world.

mosaix -- The unexpected twist in this story makes us hope that history does not repeat itself.

mosaix

Shropshire, U.K.
Supporter
Well, I'm up. Quite like the theme / genre this month. A good start to the new year. Thanks, Peter. :)

Thanks for the review, Victoria. :)

Hugh

Supporter
Thank you Victoria.

I see I’m not the first to include a reference to N. Korea, and I suspect that I may not be the last.

Joe Loomis

New Writer with Dreams
TitaniumTi -- Makes me think it's like someone complaining about the Twitter limit.

Ashleyne -- Makes me a little sad with children of my own. Great job though.

Victoria -- Nothing like a little music to lighten up the Apocalypse. Made me smile.

Spoots -- Found this one great. In character and everything.

dannymcq -- This one is dark, and I usually write this way. Great job.

Cathbad -- Nothing like turning the innocent into something to fear.

Garfunkel -- Fear of the dark is a natural human trait. Especially when we don't know what kind of things are out there.

Pedro -- Fear of nuclear war has come to the front of a lot of peoples thoughts these days. Great Story.

Cat -- I like the words, but poetry was never my strong suit.

Mosaix -- Makes me think about a meteor impact. Great job with the visualizations.

Hugh -- I must admit I never heard "stroboscoped" used in that way. It made me think about what it was.

Parson

Supporter
@Pedro Del Mar .... My button is bigger than yours .... The end of the world comes when texts are a prelude to bombs.

@Cat's Cradle .... Nothing New Under The Sun.... the next apocalypse won't be the first.

@Hugh .... StupidityStupidityStupidity ....
Apocalypse is best described as a waking nightmare, tremendous horror and small graces.