Angry Robot 2017 Open Door for Unagented Authors

Sending the regulatory imaginary chocolate consolations - in your case decorated in the Cornish Tartan! (Well, us Cornish (by marriage in my case) cats have to stick together!)

Thank you. I am now wallowing in imaginary chocolate. (y)

I will get there. My wife was in hospital last week so Real Life (tm) got in the way.

Not sure - wondering about Black's Nest - it's not doing anything else right now. Due to losing the final draft I'm wondering if I can edit a reasonable draft in four days ;)

Hurry, hurry, hurry, this open door is only open until midnight tomorrow - 31st Dec. Then it closes!

The SffChroners Table for this open window now looks like:

Brev Subbed 7th Nov. or before
Scarfy Subbed 8th Nov. or before.
Biskit Subbed 14th Nov. Rejected 3rd Dec.
Gareth Lewis Subbed 30th Dec.

and maybe Martin Gill who is busy writing his synopsis!

If I have missed anyone, please post here... I'll add to the list.

So we have several authors going for gold on this open door... good luck!

Slide1.png

Obviously the open door is now closed. There has been a post saying they have received 1046 submissions - see here - which is way down on previous open doors. I believe the previous open door got 1300. I suspect the numbers are down in part because they asked for full manuscripts. Good luck everyone who subbed novels.

Obviously the open door is now closed. There has been a post saying they have received 1046 submissions - see here - which is way down on previous open doors. I believe the previous open door got 1300. I suspect the numbers are down in part because they asked for full manuscripts. Good luck everyone who subbed novels.
And their word limits were pretty tight

I didn't in the end. A combination of shutting down and not turning my laptop on over Christmas and also thinking long and hard about whether I thought these guys were right for what I've written made me err on the side of "not this time".

I didn't in the end. A combination of shutting down and not turning my laptop on over Christmas and also thinking long and hard about whether I thought these guys were right for what I've written made me err on the side of "not this time".

I suspect your subconscious was telling you all along your novel was not ready for Angry Robots - which could explain the difficulties you were having with the synopsis. I'm sure there will be other opportunities for your novel in the future. Good luck!

I heard back just the other day. They passed on my submission, sadly. Well, not to worry. Good luck to all those others waiting on feedback.

Had mine back this morning, also a pass. Good luck to anyone still in the mix.

Sorry to hear Brev, sending you imaginary hugs of consolation and chocolates. I'm sure you will find a home for your novel. It seems to me that Angry Robot are going through the submission pile in roughly time order of receipt for now, but that may change.

Slide1.jpg