Angry Robot 2017 Open Door for Unagented Authors

Curious. I'd be curious to know how going through a group like this vs an agent would be... anyone have any experience or stories to share?

Curious. I'd be curious to know how going through a group like this vs an agent would be... anyone have any experience or stories to share?
Wesley Chu. Pete McClean, just got representation with Jennie Goboly and going great. Anne Lyle, went on to get rep with Zeno.

AR would be a great outcome for any writer, agented or non agented :)

Wesley Chu. Pete McClean, just got representation with Jennie Goboly and going great. Anne Lyle, went on to get rep with Zeno.

AR would be a great outcome for any writer, agented or non agented :)
Thanks for the tip! I'm in the US so I've never heard of them. (Also not too deep into the sci-fi scene. I know, very weird.)

Doing the research, I'm going to give it a shot even though it's going to kill me to get this manuscript ready in time...

I was gearing up to enter this, but it looks like plans are changing.

*drifts off mysteriously...because nothing is final yet so I can't actually be less vague :p *

Last edited:
I live in the tropics. You do NOT want to be here writing. It's heatwave after heatwave we're battling right now. Everyone's sweaty, sticky, and sleepy. UGH!
It is really hard to feel sorry for someone living in the tropics. But I'll try. :whistle:

Okay, I'm imagining, but when I think tropics, I'm thinking south sea islands. With those figures I now see Brazilian rain forest or some such. ---- my pity meter has moved your direction.

It worked out ok for me :)

I've had three books out with Angry Robot since getting in with them through this process a few years ago. I'm now agented and have a 2-book deal with Ace/Roc at Penguin Random House in the US and Jo Fletcher Books in the UK.