September 2017: reading thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
There are five full-lengths, I think a few short ones, and another one coming soon (I think...) - I got the first five in an omnibus Kindle edition. The first five are in published order but not chronological order because... well, because, as far as I can tell.

I had Three Parts Dead as an epub, I've now got the first five in the series. Waiting for a price drop or my next bundle order before I get the new one, book six.
Thanks for info.
She has found more DIY jobs for me now so it'll probs be a good while until I've read 'em all.

Still reading THE GREAT GOD PAN. The first story (same title) was the epitome of creepiness, couldn't have asked for a better way to kick off the upcoming season of horror. But the second story, "The White People" is a horror of a different hue. Started off okay but soon descended into one long paragraph of endless revelation of wonder, most of it bland, which if it has an end in sight is very well hidden from sight. I hope I can finish it but I'm not sure I can. An unfortunate arrangement of stories I'm afraid, warning us once again that unless you're The Beatles, never place the B-side next to the A.

I just finished Heads or Tails by Damien Boyd. Another good story about DI Nick Dixon. (I always wonder if that name were intentionally modeled on "Dick Nixon" as the much maligned president was often named when he was about to be skewered. Next up to listen to is A.I. Assault by Vaughn Heppner.

I just finished Heads or Tails by Damien Boyd. Another good story about DI Nick Dixon. (I always wonder if that name were intentionally modeled on "Dick Nixon" as the much maligned president was often named when he was about to be skewered. Next up to listen to is A.I. Assault by Vaughn Heppner.
Or possibly Dixon of Dock Green, a famous British TV policeman from the 1960 and early 1970s.

Status
Not open for further replies.