Discussion Thread -- September 2017 -- 75 Word Writing Challenge

LittleStar

I tried to be devious with my choices, but the required 'Theme Demon' sacrifice came up short I think... it's the first jelly baby from the bag right??(n)

Here we go. The doors are opening a little early.

... HERE

Have fun:LOL:

... ... ...

Well I did say the doors were opening a little early :whistle:

Uh...

*Clean up in 'Writing Challenges' needed*

(n):unsure::cry:

:ninja:

You people are soooo efficient! Wake up with a headache at 5am on Challenge Day 1, and there are five terrific stories already, and reviews for four of them. Fun theme, LittleStar!

Victoria - a clever modernization of an old favorite, the story's revelatory last line seems just right.

Nursery rhymes and Fairy Tales???? Oh this is going to be soooo much fun.

Little Bo Peep has lost her sheep,
But Ashlyne knows where to find them,

Daniel and Red are by greed led,
Putting Cathbads’ wolf to bed,

Luiglin sees sleep being corrupted,
Heads with buckets quite busted,

Propaganda, Vaz suggested,
Stop pigs being molested,

A new compatible home is ensnared,
But with Victoria the truth is bared,

Willy warns where a monster creeps,
Yet Dan shows a heart that weeps,

Waggin' Their Tails Behind Them, @Ashleyne – This disturbing twist on the Bo Peep rhyme reveals the real reason why her sheep ran away – they were just too delicious...

The Red Hood, @Cathbad – It’s more like Little Red Riding Hoodlum, putting the ‘grim’ in Grimm, in this askew re-telling of a classic Grimm story. I’ll wager Granny was the mastermind all along.

Folderol, @Luiglin – Jack & Jill get far more than they bargained for when they go looking for a pail of water. After all, they lurk under bridges so why not wells?

The Wolf at The Door, @Vaz – The well-known story of the three pigs is revealed as a work of vile anti-lupine propaganda. The swines!

Perfection, @Victoria Silverwolf – “...and the littlest planet was just right!” Let’s hope nobody’s sleeping in our bed.

Erk! Not very good with nursery rhymes or fairy tales.

Still, submission in with 44 words to spare.

Dang it, uploaded the wrong version. Hope I'm okay to edit a couple of words without getting banned...

Okay, let's see this is September 4 right? No, September 1? What do you people do right now there are eight?! stories. I blame Little Star and her interesting choices for stories.... Hi Ho, Hi Ho, it's off to work I go.

@Ashleyne .... Gives us the real story behind Little Bo Peep. Who suffers from something worse than indigestion as her sheep come "Waggin' their Tails Behind Them."

@Cathbad .... Helps us to see the scam in being a sweet young thing that wolves are attracted to, unfortunately that sweet young thing is a "Red Hood."

I wonder how many remember what a "hood" was in the '50's.'

@Luiglin .... Now we know that there was a troll around Jack and Jill, but it was still their own fault and all that "Folderol."

@Vaz .... Well it seems like the Three Little Pigs were in the propaganda business. Leaving the Big Bad Wolf lonely and unloved. He only looking for a friend if "There's a Wolf at the Door."

@Victoria Silverwolf .... Helps us understand that the truth about the 3 bears tale is that Goldilocks is "Perfection."

@dannymcg .... is working with a machine that gathers food from families. Run when you hear the "Dinner Bell."

I have no idea what nursery rhyme or fairy tale this relates to. Sorry.

@BigJ .... Leaves us shuddering with a new rendition of Ring Around the Rosie which was scary enough in its historical context, now points to an evil human cause so that "They All Fall Down."

@nixie .... Digs behind the Nursery Rhyme to identify the spider causing Little Miss Muffet to ask the question "Is the Grass Greener?"

And the another story shows up while I deal with these.

@Dave Barsby .... Updates a nursery rhyme into the far future, all you can say is "Hey, Diddle, Diddle."

Back