Beltane Lon Chron

30th is still good for me. One fly in your ointment might be that RMT members at Southern Railway have called another 24-hour strike on that day (sorry no idea why this time. Maybe because the trains are the wrong colour or the canteen doesn't sell Earl Grey.)

@Phyrebrat if you are doing outreach, there could be others we can invite too. As we scared away the last and only female, they might prefer to come along in pairs.

You look bladdy fabulass to me, mate! :D I'm in London, but this one's cutting it a bit fine for me. Mutter mumble deadlines panic panic panic.

Next one, though!

30th is still good for me. One fly in your ointment might be that RMT members at Southern Railway have called another 24-hour strike on that day (sorry no idea why this time. Maybe because the trains are the wrong colour or the canteen doesn't sell Earl Grey.)

@Phyrebrat if you are doing outreach, there could be others we can invite too. As we scared away the last and only female, they might prefer to come along in pairs.

OT, but... I made the egrrrrrregious error of sitting in First Class on a Southern to Clapham Junction a while ago. The dressing down I got from the guard - wait they don't have them anymore, do they, I mean 'hospitality staff' - was epic. I think the entire carriage was entertained. (I might have asked him if he was my daddy after the way he spoke to me.) Anyway, I made some snide comment that Southern had NO class, let alone second, with all the delays and that went down well...

As far as outreach, sure. Where, though? I'm not sure who you mean and also, would they not have seen this thread? Should I start a gender-bias one for the laydeez? ;)

You look bladdy fabulass to me, mate! :D I'm in London, but this one's cutting it a bit fine for me. Mutter mumble deadlines panic panic panic.

Next one, though!

Aw,shame. It's half term so I have no curfew and was planning on being an extra 11% risqué. :D

pH

As far as outreach, sure. Where, though? I'm not sure who you mean and also, would they not have seen this thread? Should I start a gender-bias one for the laydeez? ;)
No, you're right, everyone should be able to see this thread, or even the previous threads. I just find it hard to believe that all the Chrons members in the South East are male, when the Northern meet-up photos show more gender equality. It isn't that you aren't all wonderful company, or that our conversations are particularly laddish (because they aren't.*)

*To all the lurkers out there - They aren't even geeky or nerdy conversations folks. We just talk about books and films mainly. It isn't even necessary to have an encyclopaedic knowledge of science fiction or to visit the cinema weekly. (It isn't even necessary to have ever watched Byker Grove before.) There is some gossip, and we talk about ourselves. Be warned, the woes of a struggling writer is a common theme. If you've just written a book, here is your chance to make a half a dozen more sales! It is good to put a face to people and you can say things that you wouldn't want the whole world to read. There can be a little politics and sport, but it is after all a public house.

One fly in your ointment might be that RMT members at Southern Railway have called another 24-hour strike on that day

They must get their strikes timetable from reading these threads.

@HareBrain do you want to meet up earlier?

Yes indeedy.

but this one's cutting it a bit fine for me. Mutter mumble deadlines panic panic panic.

You'd only have to stay about half an hour to beat the female attendance record.

Yes indeedy.

I'd also prefer a slightly earlier meet if poss. To continue to theme of the frankly laughable state of our rail infrastructure, Greater Anglian rail have suspended all trains to Southend after 9:30pm on weekdays, so I'd prefer to meet earlier and skedaddle earlier, otherwise my journey home gets a bit Lord Of the Rings...

I promised to get my sis a TFA oyster pass from Forbidden Planet if anyone needs/wants to go there.

I could do with going there. I need to check if they're stocking TGP (last time they had two on their computer system but they couldn't find the copies, meaning no one could buy it but the system didn't re-order it!)

What on Earth are you guys doing to all these women?!

Whatever it was, we only did it to one woman. (Or we did the same thing to others, but in advance.)

What on Earth are you guys doing to all these women?!

Ain't doing nuffink, Mam. ('Mam' here is a contraction of 'Madame', and does not imply any maternal functions) If they ain't there, can't offend them, stands to reason like, innit? An 'all these women? One, hurried to leave, does not constitute an 'all these'.

That said, I am following the thread, and hoping, wondering if the risk of finding myself marooned on a dark railway platform is worth the momentary lift of intellectual contact - I have not rejected the possibility yet (now I've found the tread is in SFF lounge, rather than the tradition of the lounge.)

I'd love to come but I won't be back down in your neck of the woods until middle of October again but will definitely be up for any meetings between then and middle December. :D