Beltane Lon Chron

(y):cool: yes, thanks!

I've realised "the usual place" is quite expensive, but I can't think of anywhere cheaper, but still as easy for everyone to get home from. My suggestion made last year wasn't received very well either. At least it does sell pints and halves, rather than the new trendy idea to only sell schooners (2/3 pint) instead, but to charge the same price as a pint for them. As for a date, I'll try to make whatever is suggested. Are there any dates when people plan to stay in and paint their houses this time? ;)

Is it really expensive, @Dave ? I always assumed it was cheap because of the sticky wood floors. Stands to reason bearing in mind the location.

Somewhere else is perfectly fine by me but I'm a bit hopeless at London. Well, central London. If the consensus is to go to a ghetto speakeasy, I know plenty of places - in fact I'm sure Dan and Peat and @Robert Mackay do, too.

pH

It is central London and I appreciate they have rents to pay, but it's over £5 a pint. I can get a pint and a half for £5 locally. In Newcastle, I can get two pints with change. In a Wetherspoons you can buy a whole round. However, one of the benefits is that it doesn't have sticky floors.

Maybe week starting May 29th (isn't all that available before then)?

As for venue - I'm open to spitballing, but feel we want to stay close to Waterloo, London bridge and Liverpool street so that people can come and go easily and that is an expensive area.

Good idea for bumping this, as we need to get it organised. And yes, I should be able to make then.

I can probably do Wednesdays too. I can't do Thursdays. 29th is a bank holiday and, my achilles being OK, I'll be running 10k in central London. 30th looks possible?

I earlier said that I could only do Mondays and Tuesdays, but I could probably come later on other days (8.30+). Still cannot do Tuesday 6th though. 30th would be fine.

At the moment I think 30th is ok for me. I'll try to think of some different places. There's the place that HB, Peat and I met up at in December. It's in Islington, which is also expensive, but has the advantage that I get local business 20% discounted rates on food and drink there.

But I'm always up for new venues.