A potential Chron's writer type indicator.

Astro Pen

Write now.
Supporter
I am considering creating a Chron's writer type indicator on the lines of the currently trendy MBTI
It may seem frivolous but I think it could be quite useful shorthand on avatars or whatever.

The following divisions will do for the 'prototype'. When, how, and what we write.

Lark, Owl

Discovery, Planner

Handwriting, Word processor,

Science fiction, Fantasy

What type are you?

For example, I am definitely an ODWS Chron type :)

I am considering creating a Chron's writer type indicator on the lines of the currently trendy MBTI
It may seem frivolous but I think it could be quite useful shorthand on avatars or whatever.

The following divisions will do for the 'prototype'. When, how, and what we write.

Lark, Owl

Discovery, Planner

Science fiction, Fantasy

What type are you?

Me too, although W can be H at times

Lark, Owl

Discovery, Planner

Science fiction, Fantasy

What type are you?

It feels like this needs some intermediate states.
I'm neither a Lark nor an Owl. I used to write early on the train to work and late in the evening, but now I'm very much a middle of the day writer.
I also seem to be pretty evenly split between writing fantasy and science fiction.
That makes me a ?DWS&F, unless we have a Both,which gets me down to ?DWB.

And what about categories for "serious" vs "humorous", and "grim" vs "optimistic"?
So, now I'm up to ?DWBHG, but only grim-ish.

I think I would also like an Absurdity Quotient, perhaps a 0 for perfectly sensible through to a 9 for completely nuts.
So, now I'm happy to be a ?DWBHG8.

Unless we want to add that other writerly essential - do you have a cat? Perhaps C vs X (but not formerly Twitter).

Happy now.
?DWBHG8C.

Perfect. Eight characters. I could have that tattooed on my knuckles. (Unless we add a category for whether we are tattooed writers.)

Hope this helps.
(Did I mention the 8 on the absurdity quotient?)

@Biskit
I think you misplaced your 75 word entry on apocalyptic bureaucracy :D
That? Nah. Barely even trying. I worked for the scientific civil service for eleven years. Don't even get met started on quality control systems as interpreted and implemented by government employees, demonstrating the intricate balance of sloping shoulders with rampant OCD in the Jobsworth Jungle infested with the Brown-nosed Backstabbing Chameleon. (Not that I have any negative feelings about my time there.) :censored:

LDWF. Though with discovery/planning I think I'm squarely in the middle, at the moment at least. (Only finished two first drafts and no second drafts, so a long way to go and a lot to learn).