Best and Worst Adaptation(s) of Book(s) To Cinema and Television

Ruby

Blood & Chocolate -one of my favourite books about a teenage werewolf -totally and criminally butchered by the movie.

Nerds_feather

Purveyor of Nerdliness
Follow the blog on twitter: @nerds_feather Like u
I'm enjoying the TV adaptation of The Expanse. I was lukewarm on Leviathan Wakes, but think the show solves a lot of the issues I had with the book. I have heard that the later books are really good, but I haven't read them, so I can't judge in comparison to the show. I'll probably read them after finishing S2 of the series, though.

BAYLOR

There Are Always new Things to Learn.
I'm enjoying the TV adaptation of The Expanse. I was lukewarm on Leviathan Wakes, but think the show solves a lot of the issues I had with the book. I have heard that the later books are really good, but I haven't read them, so I can't judge in comparison to the show. I'll probably read them after finishing S2 of the series, though.
Its a great tv show.:)

Evan Purl

Blade Runner drops many of the characters, plot developments and themes of Dick's book.
I would have to agree with you. Every time a movie comes out which is based off a book, I tend to read the book first to make sure I enjoy it before watching the movie. Blade Runner did in fact drop many of the characters and themes that made the book feel more complete. The movie was still fun to watch, but it would have been nice if we had more of the book in the movie.

Evan Purl

My overall favorite movie adaptation of a book to a movie would definitely have to be The Martian. When I read the book I really did feel like I was pulled into Mark Watney's world. I enjoyed the book to the point I read it a second time before seeing the movie just to make sure I had all of the details. When I saw the movie, I was astonished by how much of the book they kept in the movie. Most adaptations they use some details from the book, but the director changes it. In The Martian they kept almost every detail between the book and the movie. I recommend reading it to anybody who is interested in a good book to read.