What Do You think Are the Best and Worst Star Wars Imitations ?

paranoid marvin

Run VT Erroll!
I think Wrath of Khan had more in common with Star Wars like Motion Picture had 2001 for it's inspiration. It goes without saying that it is very good!

Two of my favourites though are Battle Beyond the Stars (which I admit I haven't seen for quite some time now), about a kid who finds there's a galaxy out there that needs saving. The other is the far more irreverent - and hilariously funny - Spaceballs.

I also enjoyed the Darth/Grouch cameo in Night at the Museum.

BAYLOR

There Are Always new Things to Learn.
I think Wrath of Khan had more in common with Star Wars like Motion Picture had 2001 for it's inspiration. It goes without saying that it is very good!

Two of my favourites though are Battle Beyond the Stars (which I admit I haven't seen for quite some time now), about a kid who finds there's a galaxy out there that needs saving. The other is the far more irreverent - and hilariously funny - Spaceballs.

I also enjoyed the Darth/Grouch cameo in Night at the Museum.
Battle Beyond the Stars is a fun film and a very good . Its basically The 7 samurais in Outer space But it slo in the vein of Star Wars as well. Its a classic in its own right. :cool:

hitmouse

Battle Beyond the Stars is a fun film and a very good . Its basically The 7 samurais in Outer space But it slo in the vein of Star Wars as well. Its a classic in its own right. :cool:
It is fun, but honestly, it is also a bit crap. I tried rewatching it a couple of months ago.

reiver33

Only Forward
Supporter
Of course it's crap, but it's a 'B' movie that knows it's a 'B' movie, right from the get-go.