Discussion thread -- November 2014 75 word writing challenge

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hex

Write, monkey, write
The challenge is up (here). Discuss!

("open" means that -- there is no constraint on the theme this month, except the normal ones of family-friendliness and general brilliance)

This may be a month that you enter early or are aced out. I suppose I only know a couple of dozen fairy tales. Unless "fractured fairy tale" has the implication that you can create your own? I hope so. Early entry is likely impossible for me this month.

Exactly. What I understood by the term was a fairy tale with something different from the traditional version -- different characters, different point of view, different setting or outcome or plot. So there may not be hundreds of different stories to start with, but as Harpo said, they can change in all sorts of different ways.

Of course, I now have Green Jelly's Three Little Pigs stuck in my brain for the day! Blast from the past...

(not safe for small kids and special participation by Rambo)

I'm in.

Still cross that my 300 word entry never got in because of my broken ipad, so poured all my annoyance into this one!

The Irish one? Damn, I was looking forward to seeing that!

I have a feeling that if I really apply myself, I could come up with four stories this month. But step one first, story number one...

Edit: I see the rage now, kerry. I see the rage.

And Harpo, :D :D

Last edited:
I'm in. I thought that since the first one came to me so early, I might try writing one or two more before the deadline and then choose the one that I liked the most and enter that one.

But then I thought about someone else getting in with this particular fairy tale and a similar twist before I did, so went ahead and posted it now.

well i posted mine - the same origins as a couple of the others (including the great one before it), but hopefully it is "fractured" enough to stand on its own two paws...

i was going to let it sit for a while and give it a bit of distance from the others but then thought i'd throw it in now...

There's one more! Oy...much is hidden, but I wonder how well? I hope people enjoy the story.

Terrific tales so far, we'll see many more wonders before it's all over. Looks like another great month! :) CC

Last edited:
Im in. This one needed to be done early because I don't know many fairy tales and I was hoping to avoid duplication

Now to read the entries so far!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back