Places in Fantasy and Science Fiction Films, Television and Games That You Wish Were Real

BAYLOR

There Are Always new Things to Learn.
The Land of the Commonwealth with all its wonderful characters from Myth and legend by John Myers Myers novel Silverlock. :)

Vince W

Towel Champion
Supporter
Was Besson able to recoup his money for this film?
According to IMDB it cost $177 million US dollars to make and it made $225 million US on the worldwide release. That's the thing I don't understand. Unless a film does well in the US it has almost no chance at a sequel.

BAYLOR

According to IMDB it cost $177 million US dollars to make and it made $225 million US on the worldwide release. That's the thing I don't understand. Unless a film does well in the US it has almost no chance at a sequel.
With some exceptions success in the US Market , tends to make of break a film.

Last edited:

Cathbad

Level 30 Geek Master
I believe you'd find it has also done will post-theatrical release.

Vince W

Towel Champion
Supporter
I believe you'd find it has also done will post-theatrical release.
I know. It looks fantastic on my 4K screen!

If Besson had ditched the singer-alien sequence and chosen a better actor for Valerian, we'd be following the development of a sequel right now.

Cathbad

Level 30 Geek Master
Its called Hollywood accounting.
How is how well the show does post-theater dependent on accounting??

It has been on television multiple times, and can still be bought/rented on platforms such as XFinity! Sorry, sir, if you don't like the movie, but it's done well.

BAYLOR

How is how well the show does post-theater dependent on accounting??

It has been on television multiple times, and can still be bought/rented on platforms such as XFinity! Sorry, sir, if you don't like the movie, but it's done well.
Thats not what I meant.