Places in Fantasy and Science Fiction Films, Television and Games That You Wish Were Real

There are a lot of very entertaining settings which are okay provided that you're not in danger or at the bottom of the scale: Gormenghast, William Gibson's Sprawl setting, the Fallout world or the Space Captain Smith books for that matter. (A friend once pointed out "They're only funny because the good guys win - and the lemming men would be terrifying".) I think it's got to be somewhere where you could have a decent time no matter where or who you were.

There's not a lot of places like that. The main one that springs to mind is the Culture: even the Idiran war doesn't bother most people that much. It could be fun to visit the Brave New World setting for a day or so (enough for a huge binge, basically), and there are a couple of other places I can think of depending on your tastes, but for a long term stay, I'd go with the Culture. It's hard to enjoy Rivendell when it's in acute danger of being burned down by orcs.

Is it cheating if it's more of a nexus of worlds? If not, my vote goes to the Wood Between the Worlds from the Narnia series, provided I had the rings. Charn sounds interesting, as long as Jadis isn't there.

Is it cheating if it's more of a nexus of worlds? If not, my vote goes to the Wood Between the Worlds from the Narnia series, provided I had the rings. Charn sounds interesting, as long as Jadis isn't there.

The more the better. :)

The Plateau in Arthur Conan Doyle's novel The Lost World.:)

It has the advantage of being the first location that you visit after the tutorial and so it is designed to be welcoming but it is still Riverwood from Skyrim. Funnily enough I think I'd get bored after being there for a few days but after so many years revisiting and restarting what a place to lay over at and heal the soul.

It has the advantage of being the first location that you visit after the tutorial and so it is designed to be welcoming but it is still Riverwood from Skyrim. Funnily enough I think I'd get bored after being there for a few days but after so many years revisiting and restarting what a place to lay over at and heal the soul.

Ive completed most of the main quests , ive restarted several times.

Just walking through the countryside of Skyrim and Solsheim alumni is relaxing and fun .:cool: