Places in Fantasy and Science Fiction Films, Television and Games That You Wish Were Real

The Universe of the Federation in Star Trek. I might be critical of the the whole utopian concept of society . But in all honesty, Id like to live in that universe, anyone would.

Society would cease to function if we had real holodecks. Nobody would ever leave them.

Maybe there are people better than myself, but I certainly would never leave. >.>

Society would cease to function if we had real holodecks.
Same maybe applies if there was
a: Safe realistic cheap immersive VR
b: Safe cheap drugs (combining Ecstasy, LSD, Opium / Heroin / Cocaine / Alcohol / Caffeine) with no side effects and not illegal.

If not, then a Holodeck isn't a problem. However the idea is a physical nonsense. A VR system + a suitable drug is real physics and could be 100% realistic. A Holodeck as per Star Trek isn't possible, Tad Williams's VR World is at least theoretically possible.

Ah yes, the obligatory XKCD
http://xkcd.com/395/
morning.png

Mouse Hover:
I'd press on them to try to unstick them, but I can't reach. Can we try cycling day and night really fast?
(by permission)

Babylon 5 With it's danger and intrigue .(y)

The Imperium of Man with the emperor, without the Horus heresy or ruinous powers , without the whole bigoted hating Xenos madness.