What are you working on right now?

Hush now, everyone. I've had a crap few weeks with writing - and then was lifted by someone at Octocon and feel better. It's a rollercoaster career and if it's sh*te now it won't stay that way. Honest.

This is hard stuff. We know that. Chin up, Mouse. You are a fabulous character writer. You have no reason not to be proud of your books and writing. :)

Don't make me start slapping y'all ;)

Well I think you should continue because your work is good.

I've just finished another (hopefully the last) edit of the big fantasy novel and am now considering writing the book about robots that I've been pondering for about 10 years.

Aw, cheers, gang. Wasn't looking for an ego stroking but I'll take it. :D Just feeling discombobulated at the moment and then also like I've got too much on my plate. This year's been nuts.

@Phyrebrat nah, not the review - I logged into Twitter after I mailed you and I'd been tagged in yet another review on a different site and I read it and it pretty much said exactly the opposite of everything the neg review said, so I was like, yeah, some people get it and some don't. Then I realised I didn't actually care and that's when I started thinking what's the point if I don't actually care.

I sometimes think I don't actually like writing. I like stories, making my own stories and people, but the actual writing always seems a bit of a slog for me, especially as it takes so long. And then I get annoyed that I can't ever get the type of word count that other people manage easily - I struggle to crawl over 70k. I've never been over 84k. What's that about?

Anyway, on topic. I'm currently in the office and shouldn't be on Chrons so I'm not working on anything! Half day though, as Beau's got the vets again this afternoon. So who knows, might get some writing done this afternoon.

WIP is exploding past the 130k mark and continues to barrel forward. The end is near, and will be very exciting to write! It will probably supernovae somewhere around the 150k mark. I drew myself a flowchart to isolate dangling storylines, and found about 3 chapters I can forthwith dispose.

I'm still working on point of view. I've pulled out on my book; I'm reading to spot the various pov's in what literature I own. Heinlein's Stranger in a Strange Land seems to mix this up. Orwell's, 1984, seems to show me third-close. Harper's, To Kill a Mockingbird is showing me first person pov. I can't believe I've never paid attention to this before now.

My book has to be reworked. But, that will wait. I have to learn this craft, as Valentine Michael Smith had to learn what it was to be human and speak English...

Annnd, it is Friday the 13th, so I've been perusing through my book of old ghost stories--enjoying, while also looking at pov.

Getting all my short stories organized in order to have them published as an anthology. Doing a lot of polishing and editing and adding new ones. Hopefully I won't croak before I finish. However if I do croak-well, it was fun.

I was working on my edits but I've finished all the easy ones and now just have the ones left which say "add more emotion" and I'm rolling my eyes going "I don't waaaaaannnnnaaaaa", so I've put that away and am trying to finish L&C instead. Have just hit 75k and have three scene left to write.

Took a break as I got overwhelmed by my main story. Issue is the nature of the beast itself, and how I write in general.

Had an itch to draw something for months now did a sketch, then got inspired to write. (Advanced my Guy De Maupassant inspired romance)

Seems when ever I write I want to draw

When ever I draw I want to write.

Unsure what happens if I combine them together. Probably my head implodes and I fall on the keyboard drooling blood.

Also looked at my antique book collection. Some of it is hard to look at due to it literally being a shared collection of my ex and I's.

But it's not the antique books fault they were owned by my deceitful cheating ex.

Browsed a bit of guy de Maupassant Pierre and Jean, read the hilarious intro section The Novel he wrote which even till this day expresses the same issues we writers face!

If you can find that bit of writing and read it it's great. My current status came from it!

"In fact one must be very mad,very daring, very presumptuous or very stupid to write anything nowadays!"

First 1K words of a new novel, a story that came to me last night just prior to falling asleep, but contains the basis of a story I've been wanting to tell.

It went amazingly well (usually I struggle with the beginning), and I like that my take on the antagonist has shifted in these first few pages, as I was writing.

I was working on my edits but I've finished all the easy ones and now just have the ones left which say "add more emotion" and I'm rolling my eyes going "I don't waaaaaannnnnaaaaa", so I've put that away and am trying to finish L&C instead. Have just hit 75k and have three scene left to write.

Ha, you make me laugh. Erm, Em, just make this part better? MMMkkkay?

I finished my Last City short story, which I still have to comb over and 'make better' before sending it to the wonderful Nick Bailey and his BFF Darren (I regret I didnt go with my first story idea just so I could have used their new publishing name Dust as the name of my illicit rampant drug in the City bowels)

Also passed 50k in Red Creek, and will be getting back to that for the rest of the month with every aim at finishing a first draft. Come on baby! Things are getting hairy in that one.

I've finished all the easy ones and now just have the ones left which say "add more emotion"

Oooh pick me, pick me! My WIP is overflowing with emotion. I need an outlet to pipe it into, or else anyone reading it is going to drown in dodgy analogies and deep sighs.

I've actually *gasp* not given up on this WIP yet. It's sort of an unofficial and lengthy prequel to the story I wanted to tell, but it's growing like a beast and I'm actually having a really good time with it. Probably the first time I've actually enjoyed writing in years, which is equal parts depressing and heartening. I'm on 27k now. If I come back and say I've given up again in 3 weeks time, you have permission to slap me!!

There are about four places where she's literally just remarked 'add more emotion' and I'm like, what does that even meeeaaaan?! Gah.

Oooh pick me, pick me! My WIP is overflowing with emotion. I need an outlet to pipe it into, or else anyone reading it is going to drown in dodgy analogies and deep sighs.

Awesome, I will take you up on that.

A thousand words a day? Hmm... four months, maybe?

Perhaps a chance to get it done before Christmas?

I'll probably get more than a thousand down today - already at 900. Rather writing itself, it is! Love it when it feels this good!

I'm into chapter 2 of my novella for Tor...the first chapter, despite being planned out has completely surprised me by demanding to be written in the first person...so there's that...

I've just written 'The End' on Locke & Co. Microsoft Word says the file was created on the 21st of June 2014, so it's taken me long enough. Apparently my editing time is 226 hours, which is only, like, nine and a half days or something so... Yeah. Much procrastinating.

Lots of disjointed scenes on a short story. It feels good to be writing again like this after so long on the other not quite normal project.