Malevolence - Tales from Beyond the Veil - Submissions Required

Can I ask a dumb question, Gary? If you haven't got all the stories in because the submission deadline isn't here, how can you have chosen which stories are good enough and begin to edit them?

I set the word count at approx 120K and as well as the submissions I have, there are promisary notes from you and others. If I exceed the word limit, I might do volume two or extend the book.

The stories I have are brilliant so get yours in as soon as time, inspiration allows. I have a slot for you assuming it's great which I'm sure it will be :)

To me it made sense to start editing the stories which fitted the anthology straight away as Jeff had some time and I prefer to be ahead of the game.

On submissions, I have no rules, I don't want to be like a normal publisher as that doesn't fit my personality, so basically I will do what I feel is right.

Hope that makes sense, Leisha. X

PS I haven't submitted mine yet cos A) they are unfinished and B) they are crap!

And LOL, Doz! I'd tried my hand at designing a cover, too! An ebook one. It was fun, but it's not what Gary is after:

At least it gets to see the light of day in this thread. :D

Old habits die hard. When I was a lot younger and played counterstrike, I was always defacing pictures of other players. Hopefully the habit will stay at one book cover and not expand to several :)

Ah! Yes, that's clearer. Thanks. It will be interesting to see who is taking part. I'd love to know the full list of those who are considering / writing for this. I'm too nosy! :p (Oh, but I don't expect to find out, don't worry.)

As for my story, I've had a couple of busy days (docs and hospital appointents) after a busy couple of weeks. And tomorrow I have a wedding reception to attend. Argh! I just want to get rested enough to write!!! I really want to get to the end of my story so I can start editing it, but right now I've zero concentration...

Anyway, just hoping and praying the ending lives up to my expectations. It could so easily fall flat on its face. :eek:

Doz - I know what you mean, only I *did* do more! I played around with the colours/layouts of other covers. I did like the turquoise version of mine, too - there's something about that colour - or eerie green - that works on the cover.

Toby Frost, author of the Space Captain Smith books and other science fiction and fantasy has agreed to take part in this anthology.

Whoopee!

All these talented people:)

Why am I here?

Toby Frost, author of the Space Captain Smith books and other science fiction and fantasy has agreed to take part in this anthology.

Whoopee!

All these talented people:)

Why am I here?

because you're the eye candy, don't you know?
great news about toby frost taking part.. he's super...

a fiery picture for gary showing his fiery personality..

fire_storm_by_jastius-d6brgak.jpg

(gary that video made me laugh so hard i spilt my tea..)

Should be submitting this within the next few days. Just need to iron out a few grammatical errors and do the final proofread.

Sent this a little while ago. It's a weird feeling to be submitting stuff again. I haven't submitted anything since... 2011 or 2010, I think.

I really like my story but it is still not done...I have been struggling to find time in the past few weeks. I have one day off from November 11th to Dec 2nd from work so writing doesn't fit in well.

I hope I can get it submitted before the deadline

I love the look of the NASA one too and hope to write something for that too...at the least it gives me practice!

Sent this a little while ago. It's a weird feeling to be submitting stuff again. I haven't submitted anything since... 2011 or 2010, I think.

I enjoyed the Randall and Hopkirkesque feel to this story, Thad. Loved the budgie! The good news is you've gone to boot camp. Simon (Boneman) Cowell has the story as we speak :)

I really like my story but it is still not done...I have been struggling to find time in the past few weeks. I have one day off from November 11th to Dec 2nd from work so writing doesn't fit in well.

I hope I can get it submitted before the deadline

I love the look of the NASA one too and hope to write something for that too...at the least it gives me practice!

You have a few weeks, Ratsy. At least till Xmas :) Thanks for getting involved, everyone :)

Submissions for this will close 31st January. :)

I have to say the response has been magnificent. We've received some amazing stories for this anthology.

The final list will be announced mid February. Hopefully publication in March. Payments will be sent out one week before publication.

If you have submitted but not had the editorial input, please bear with us. We are working on them, (well Jeff is).

Thanks everybody!:D

Argh still working on mine...the middle has gone and flopped on me now I have an ending :-( Hoping to have it sorted by the end of the week...I hope there may still be space for dragons :p

The standard is high Kylara so polish it to within an inch of its life. :)

I shall try and polish it, polish it till it shines :) the bits I have are doing well, but the end or the middle changes every time I fix the other!