Paper or electronic?

Other than not having to occasionally charge E-Readers the main advantages of physical books to me are ornamental value, possibly talking points, and nostalgia. So it makes sense if physical book stores become ever more niche.

I have more ebooks than paper books (mostly for convenience) but I do prefer the tactile experience of holding a paper book and turning its pages. As was mentioned previously, I tend to slow down and savor each word with a paper book.

I find paper books less convenient when travelling. Something about having to hold them open while sat on a train or plane isn't as comfortable.
My kindle was one of the best investments I've ever made hehe. Without I'd be buried underneath books.

I like both for different reasons.

If I buy a paperback / hardcover these days it will because I totally dig that author and want a hard copy of their work. I'm also nostalgic.

An e-book is great during breaks at work, or traveling. I also like to edit my books off my phone, usually with a program called AlReader. For some reason I can pick out editing issues or other issues that I missed in Word.

E-book for casual reading, paper for reference is probable the best way to go.
Novels, short stories, magazines etc electronic to save money and space, while keeping a small collection of paper books for reference ie dictionary, good one volume encyclopedia and a good large atlas, although these might need updating most of the information in them remains the same.

There's a very similar thread here, current posts as well:-

Back