Discussion -- 300 Word Challenge #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
Both welcome!:D Good stuff!

They grow into adults, become more certain! Kids, that is! Dogs? They're more loyal though, aren't they? We have cats - and a strange chicken. None of them seem to care!

Glen, thank you so very much for the vote, and stormcrow and crystal haven for the mentions. I've voted, but coming up with a shortlist that isn't everybody is actually proving even harder - I voted for those that really jumped out at me, but really enjoyed all of them.

So this is my short list. I had a much longer list, but it was whittled down to the group below.

Votes are as follows:

DEO, Stormcrow, I, Brian.

Short list is below.

r_j_dando – My Little Big Sister
Gary Compton - The 2058 Great Depression...
The Spurring Platty – Wearing the Chain of Events
Grizzgreen711 – Bloodthirsty Foes and Brave-Hearted Fathers
RcGrant – The Age of the Innocents
Karn Maeshalanadae – The Legacy of the Human Race
Hex – The Dream Factory

It was much tougher this time around just from the number of entries and the undeniable quality of work. It was a true enjoyment to page through and read these pieces. I think the pic inspired some wonderful entries.

Grizz, Kylara, Starbeast, the votes were an unexpected honor. :)

Well earned for your fantastic ending.

Thanks for the short listing SB!

You're welcome. Excellent tale.

Thanks for the shortlisting, Starbeast.

My pleasure, good creepy story.

Starbeast, thank you for the shortlisting. It’s really appreciated.

You are very welcomed. Intense tale.

Phoenixthewriter and Starbeast, thank you so much for the votes. :)

Fantastic zombie story. And congrates for being the first to post.

Starbeast, thank you for the long listing, and Glen, thanks for the mention.

You made my short list actually. Nice job.

Starbeast - Thank You heaps for the vote! That's another day made!:)

My great pleasure. "Me-likes the lil' folk sez I."

Look at me being tardy. Thanks Stormcrow and Starbeast for the listings! :)

Thanks again for the vote, Phoenixthewriter. :)

And thanks for the vote, chrispenycate. :)

I feel like a politician, thanking everyone for their votes. Now all I have to do is lie, and rort my expense account, and the transformation is complete.

You go away for a week, and come back to find loadsa mentions and a vote!! I'll have to do it more often. Many thanks all, and especially Perp for the wonderful vote. I shall sit down and cast my own votes later...

Thanks for the vote, stormcrow! No kids around any more & no cats or dogs to be perplexed by my celebratory dance. However, the wife is staring at me strangely ...

And thanks for the short-listing, Starbeast. That's 3 votes and 2 short-listings. I'm feeling pretty good about now.

Look at me being tardy. Thanks Stormcrow and Starbeast for the listings! :)

No worries about being tardy, you were probably busy taking care of business. I enjoyed your witch tale, with a poem being written at the beginning and the fox as a familiar spirit. Excellent tale Mouse.

You go away for a week, and come back to find loadsa mentions and a vote!! I'll have to do it more often. Many thanks all, and especially Perp for the wonderful vote. I shall sit down and cast my own votes later...

Surprises are always a treat, and your entry is a great sad story. You made it on my short list Boneman.

I really had to work at trimming submissions, because it was another tough competition.

Thanks for the short-listing, Starbeast. That's 3 votes and 2 short-listings. I'm feeling pretty good about now.

I usually gravitate toward "alien stories", and your tale stood out for me. Nice piece of writing Johnnyjet.

Thanks to springs, Kylara, Mouse and Starbeast for the mentions. :)

I'm pushed for time this month, but want to read through the stories again before I vote. Hopefully I'll find a quiet hour before the weekend, although all this Olympic stuff is rather distracting.

Oh! And I have a vote! Thank you! Just spotted that.

Thank you very much to everyone who mentioned, short-listed, or voted for me!

Going through through the stories I had a hard time coming up with a short list. After a while I realized that literally everyone to that point was on my list, so I had to start again. There were so many stories that I couldn't find a single fault with, it had to come down to personal taste. I am amazed by the quality and the creativity this month.

Here's my final list:

DthenB
Perpetual Man (just missed out on my final three by a hair)
stevietee
Brev
paranoid marvin
Denise Tanaka
Glen
Scott R. Forshaw
Culhwch

and my three votes:

springs
Hex
The Judge

Thanks for the short listing Teresa and the extra words. Had I known I'd never have had that haircut. ;)

The longlist:

DEO
allmywires
RcGrant
Hex
Glen
Kylara
StilLearning
crystal haven

The shortlist:

DEO
RcGrant
Hex
Kylara
StilLearning

The votegetters:

DEO
RcGrant
Hex

Thanks Starbeast for the mention and especially to amw for the vote.

Status
Not open for further replies.