Discussion -- 75 Word Challenge -- June

Status
Not open for further replies.
AD said:
I've voted Chris! Honest guv and I'm interested in your scoring chart? How do you score them?

I sort of expected that to happen; I went over the voting grid filling in after voting (I really try to avoid being influenced by other people's opinions), and that was this evening, so it was practically inevitable I miss somebody. My apologies.

Speadsheet with points for relevance to subject, adherence to genre, comprehensibility, grammar, existence of a story line, flow (extremely difficult to manage in ultra-short pieces, and, like grammar, giving only negative points) and, with the most points, general pleasure in reading.

It's not over clever, and doesn't seem as effective with multiple votes, but it means I can start marking from whenever the first story comes up; I don't believe I'd have been able to do an analytic vote this month without something like it.

Thanks, TSP! Thanks also, Parson, who sneaked in there.

My thanks ... to Phoenix the writer and StilLearning for the votes (who have obviously not been around long enough to know why it is very dangerous to vote for a Chrispy).

Now, according to my little chart ... can't curl but can swim...
And here we see a Chrispy's mind-linkage in operation...

To misquote a certain lady jaguar, I should leave it well alone :p

Thank you to those that listed my story on their short list.

I also need to apologize for not voting this month. I was out of town for two weeks, delineating and identifying water resources in fields of rose and wild raspberry bushes.* I'll make up for it by posting comments on the next 300 word challenge.

*Some might think that working around multiflora rose and wild raspberry would be nice, but I had to get through the thorns to find wetlands and streams. I literally look like I lost the battle with the rose bushes.

Chrisp, I picture a dark room with only the flames from the Mad scientist bunsen burner lighting the room. A hand drawn spreadsheet with your marking criteria on the mathmatical chalk board...Eureka! you have found a winner...but then you notice a missing puncuation and the whole thing is thrown out! Am I close?

Thanks so much to TheDustyZebra and TSP for shortlisting my little story. I had fun with it. Going to be a close one.

And an update for the Judge, so far no ailments as a result of voting for you but I think it has affected my golf game somehow...or at least thats my excuse.

Oh, and can I also say thankyou for the kind words , shortlistings and to Starbeast for my vote. They really do mean an awful lot.

Paranoid Marvin, you definately got my vote. With your exceptional poem that tugged on the strings of my emotions. Well done my friend.

Starbeast -- Absence of Essence

Many thanks to Hex, crystal haven, Starbeast and DEO for the mentions!

Thank you TheDustyZebra for the listing. And your welcome for my short list including you dude.

My thanks to Johnnyjet, Starbeast, Teresa and Ursa for the mentions, and much more to Phoenix the writer and StilLearning for the votes (who have obviously not been around long enough to know why it is very dangerous to vote for a Chrispy).

Your welcome Chrispenycate. BTW, if I happen to vote for you in the future, what dangers am I unleashing. Do you change into a sky dragon? Are you a ghost that will haunt me? Or will you come to my domicile dressed as Doctor Doom and scare the life out of me? Just wondering. :D

Finally got a chance to read them all. A lot of great stories, as usual!

Short List
Starbeast - Absence of Essence

(And thanks to those who short-listed me)

Thank you The Spurring Platty, and you're welcome for me short listing you too. Great story.

Well to everyone this month! It was a challenge in itself to choose one person to vote for. :)

Thank you for all the mentions and listings form so many of you. It was a very hard choice (as usual!) and my short list and finalists are as follows:

Springs
Hex
Brev
Harebrain
Phyrebrat ( and a special mention for the use of the song!!)
Chrispenycate
Grimbear
The Judge
Ursa

There can be only one... and in the end by the whiskeriest of whiskers, Brev got my vote.

Amazing how many dark stories there were, with the theme being innocence...

Amazing how many dark stories there were, with the theme being innocence...

I was thinking the same thing. However, they all turned out great.

I almost went for a tear-squeezing drama myself, but I thought a freaky animal dark comedy was the better choice. I blended in with the impregnating robots and the flesh munching sheep. :rolleyes:

Tdz and boneman(and if I missed anyone sorry - I've had a mad couple of days) - ty for the shortlisting. I thought this one was incredibly hard and well done to everyone (the good news is I have a new wipp inspired by it, so hard is to be celebrated.)

Well - just voted after catching up on all the stories this month. Here is my short list, shorter list and my vote:-

Luiglin
Gary Compton
Hex
ratsy
DEO
Brev
johnnyjetBoneman
Aun doorback
Starbeast
Moonbat
The Spurring Platty
Perpetual man
Stormfeather
The Judge

That was hard as so many others could easily have been added.

Thanks to Crystal Haven, David Evil Overlord, Vertigo, Stevietee, Teresa Edgerton, and Highlander for including me on your lists.

I seem to be getting better, couple of votes last month, this time next year...

reading stories now, I think mines the best:) but will vote shortly.

I was thinking the same thing. However, they all turned out great.

Haven't you been around here long enough to know that even if the theme was rainbows and glitter, 3/4 of the stories would be dark and sinister? :D

I mean, you've seen what happens with kittens around here....

Just a reminder: there are less then ten minutes before the poll closes.

It was a toss-up between Teresa and the Judge. I voted for the Judge.

Would you Adam and Eve'it.:eek:

The pool is now closed.

(And you've just saved me from some work, Gary, because this month, there's no need for a tiebreaker poll. :))

Status
Not open for further replies.