What Game Are You Currently Playing?

I like Dragon's Dogma, it's a shame they never made a proper sequel. It's aught good.

It is good, although I do find it unintentionally funny. I like the way that the secondary characters say things like "Mayhap men cannot stand 'gainst such mighty foes" while you are literally standing on the mighty foe's head and whacking it with a sword, probably shouting "Whey, look at me lads!"

I've often looked at Dragon's Dogma and considered buying it but never bothered. It is coming out on Switch, though, so maybe that'll be the chance. I'd really like to get Final Fantasy X and XII for Switch but the prices they want for them are the same as brand new triple-A games. Ridiculous. Of course, I'll inevitably buy them :LOL:

D'oh, double post.

So, might as well add that I'm really, really enjoying Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky FC.

The combat's fantastic, but the drunken overuse of 'aught' is just weird. Really deserved a proper sequel. And I like the layered armour/clothing too.

I keep toying with getting FFXII for the PS4. I played the original, the last Final Fantasy game I bought, and liked it quite a lot, although it's a shame they switched tracks with the story (Vaan wasn't in it originally. Basch was meant to be the main character).

What are you currently playing in regards to video games? This thread will remain stickied until 2010, which sounds very science fiction.

For myself, I am replaying the Nintendo Wii's version of Resident Evil 4 from Ada's viewpoint. I am enjoying it immensely. The price tag of just under twenty U.S. dollars for a new copy sweetened the deal.

I recommend it for adult players interested in the horror genre. It is not, however, recommended for children due to zombie violence.

Warframe- lil bit of a steep learning curve but great nonetheless only let down for me is the kind of lack of backstory

Elder Scrolls Online- same as above though there is more backstory just confusing alongside having to be in a faction compared to the other Elder scrolls games

The combat's fantastic, but the drunken overuse of 'aught' is just weird.

It's as though the game was sponsored by Aughtco Inc. When I was playing Alien: Isolation, I thought "This is both really impressive and plays as if the people who made it had never played another game before". There's a bit in DD where, to progress the story, you have to accept a really innocuous and unimportant-sounding offer to rest in a camp. Then all hell breaks loose, but there's no real indication that you should do it. It's really odd writing.

Yeah, it's a weird RPG. The combat mechanics are fantastic and the classes play in genuinely different yet useful ways, yet the writing is wonky at times and the story, which has a great start and finish, goes missing for most of the middle.

I'm currently in chapter 2 of the First Chapter (figure that one out . . .) of Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky. It's absolutely wonderful, so engrossing and fun. The characters, the story, the world building, the combat, all as good as I've seen. Why have I not played this game before now??? It's been sitting in my Steam library since 2015 :LOL:

Should've watched this sooner . . .

Yeah, it's a weird RPG. The combat mechanics are fantastic and the classes play in genuinely different yet useful ways, yet the writing is wonky at times and the story, which has a great start and finish, goes missing for most of the middle.

I always assumed that it was strangely-translated, or aught like that. I get the feeling that there's a lot going on in it that I'm not picking up, especially with regard to fighting. My combat skill boils down to "hit fast" (quite good) and "hit strongly" (not as good), occasionally coupled with "climb onto enemy's face".

I played a magical approach the first time round, and there's some very cool spells available. Some throw the enemy up into the air, and the tornado-type spells are fantastic powerful.

Anyway, XCOM 2's DLC was on special offer (until 20 March, on the PS4 at least, it's discounted by 62% for War of the Chosen and 50% for the bundle of the other stuff). Even though I almost never buy DLC, I decided to get it and see how it stacked up. Just begun playing through 'normal' XCOM 2, with the DLC. Still playing Divinity 2.

The War of the Chosen expansion is fabulous, improves on the base game in almost every way. The other DLC is a mixed bag.

I'm quite enjoying my new one-shot crossbow gun. It combines my love of history with my delight at annihilating alien scum.

I don't know if this has been mentioned, but the Endless Space Collection is now free (for ever)! Just link your Steam account to your games2gether.com account and head for rewards on your profile, something which I had neglected to do until yesterday.

Which reminds me, I must get the latest expansions for Endless Space 2 and Endless Legend.

Interesting news is that the team which made the last few expansions for Endless Legends are now making them for Endless Space 2 - which suggests the main team might now be working on something else - fingers crossed for Endless Legends 2!

Is No Man's Sky worth a look these days? I bought it a while ago, was unimpressed and abandoned it, but I'd really like it to be worth another go.

I've not got it but all that I've heard is that its improved by leaps and bounds from its launch state. I believe that the developers are responding well to feedback and adding in features and content and that the game is far more a game now than it was.

I've certainly (though thankfully) been burned by games that didn't live up to their advertising - the biggest for me being Spore which was a horrible disappointment. Going through ALL of the evolution periods in one sitting without really trying was really a shocker that suddenly BAM you're at the space age and all that evolution animal shaping stuff means nothing by then - you're just buzzing around in a ship doing quests or something I forget what it was now. Sadly they never revised the game nor adding in loads and loads of content though I believe they sort of made an adventure game from it at some stage.

Thanks, I might give it another go. My main issue was that I spent all my time running about trying to find enough fuel to get off the planet before my suit ran out, instead of actually enjoying the game. The creative mode, which apparently gets rid of a lot of the grinding aspect, might be interesting.

Well, I gave it another go last night. It looks fantastic but I still find it fundamentally annoying, because so much of being on planets is about working against the clock as your protection runs out, whilst trying to figure out what the heck is going on.

- This looks like a fun place to explore.
- Warning! Vital signs decreasing! You need to fuel your ship with carbon!
- Ok, I've got some carbon. Do I just pour it into the petrol cap?
- You need to enhance the carbon! Vital signs at 75%!
- Oh. Ok, I'll just press the "enhance carbon" button. Where is that, please?
- It's on the carbon enhancer! Vital signs at 50%!
- Where's the carbon enhancer?
- You need to build a carbon enhancer! Vital signs at 25%!
- Argh.

OK, I exaggerate, but it still feels annoying to be continually fighting the clock like that. That said, it looks superb, and I suspect it'll be much better once I've finished building this stupid carbon enhancer.