What Game Are You Currently Playing?

I'm playing Fable on my new laptop. I bought Fable about three years ago but my old laptop wasn't powerful enough to run it properly so i never played it and completely forgot about it. I only just found it again tonight so i decided to try it out on my new laptop and it works fine. I've been wanting to play it ever since it came out so i'm really happy i'm finally getting round to it even though the third game is just out, but hey, its never too late :)

Got my first level prestige on Black Ops and I think I might be done with that now. Also playing the Sly Cooper Trilogy.

Grand Turismo 5 on PS3- oh my god its good! Best driving game ive tried!
Also tried Fallout 3 but got bored once i got out the vault! And Fable3 on xbox, co-op with my other half.

Fallout 3 for me as well. I had it on Xbox 360, but never really got into it because I hate playing that kind of game on a console. So I traded it in a while back, and then the other day saw the PC version cheap. Kinda addictive, but I doubt it will hold my attention long...

Whats the difference between playing on a console and pc? If anything id say the console was easier- its what theyre designed for. PCs need constant ruddy updates and then other things wont run!

I would say for shooters and stuff it's easier to point and click on a mouse than to use an analog knob or directional pad on a console controller.

Broken Sword: Shadow of the Templar directors cut
Pokemon HeartGold

Woot, Pokemon!

I'm on Elite Four stage of Platinum and run out of steam seeing as all I can do is train until I'm good enough.

I can see how it would become a bit samey, if only because of its length. I've just completed the main story after too many hours, and the thought of wading through the add-ons is a bit daunting. It's a quality game, but perhaps there's just a bit too much quantity.

I don't know that I've actually played at all since that post, so it looks like I was right, it didn't hold my attention long at all!

Whats the difference between playing on a console and pc? If anything id say the console was easier- its what theyre designed for. PCs need constant ruddy updates and then other things wont run!

As HJ says, I just find it easier to use the mouse and keyboard for this type of first-person game, and I also find it easier to traverse the inventory and such with a mouse pointer.

My computer is a couple of years old - I think I built it at the start of 2009 - and I've never had an issue running any game I've bought between then and now. And trust me, it wasn't that high-spec then and it definitely isn't now.

I grew up playing PC games - though I did have a Sega Master System and a SNES during the nineties, it wasn't until I got my first PC that I really got into gaming. So it's only natural that I'd be more comfortable on the PC. I know it's a console-driven maket these days, but there's still a few of us cavemen who still shop in the PC section of the gaming store. Or, increasingly, on Steam...

The main thing I like about the PC as a gaming platform as opposed to the console is the fact that a lot of computer games like the Elder Scrolls series, NeverWinter Nights and more recently Dragon Age all come with all the tools that are needed for players to create modifications and new adventures for the game. What this does is it makes those game last much longer because you can always find new things to do with it from the gaming community.

I like the easy of use the console offers but I would rather learn a bit about the computer and play my games there, I do own the original xbox but I only bought it because someone bought me the game Morrowind for it one christmas so I bought an xbox so I could check it out. Right away I found out Morrowind had a modding community and then purchased the game from Steam for my PC...

Sword of the Stars. Nothing beats Dreadnoughts armed to the teeth with cutting beams and antimatter cannons!

Finished Alan Wake, it was a bit meh. I really disliked the main character.

Actually I am appealing for ideas for games.

I havn't played a game for years, well a long complex game that is.

I don't like killing things. I like solving puzzles going on journeys (so to speak)
There are plently of short games around that fill this but I want something a bit bigger somthing that will take a bit of time to work through.
All ideas greatly appreciated.
Thanks

I don't like killing things. I like solving puzzles going on journeys (so to speak)
There are plently of short games around that fill this but I want something a bit bigger somthing that will take a bit of time to work through.
Thanks

I'm afraid you're not going to find anything along those lines, Tanga, at least, nothing new. :( Games these days are focused on MMORPGs and military war games.

I'm back to playing Oblivion because it's the only damn thing that will run on Windows 7. :mad: After all the trouble I had to acquire classics like Baldur's Gate and Diablo II in the past, too. :mad::mad:

And Windows 7 is what I had to get after my Dell went bellyup. :p They should have kept with XP.

Thanks

Hi Tang

I'm very late to this thread, so what console are you playing on? If you don't want the shoot 'em up or World Of Warcraft type games then have you considered The Broken Sword games? There's a few in the series now. There's usually one death of someone to set you on your way and then it's up to you to solve the mystery. I guess it depends how long you want to play for. Could always try Leisure Suit Larry if you like innuendo, frat humour and belly laughs...

Me? I'm back playing WOW, trying to fight the addiction. I love what they've done with the Cataclysm, makes it fresh, when you're restarting. Mind you, I wasn't paying attention and fell down the rift when I was looking for copper mines t'other day. I have to use it as a reward system ie: done all my writing, all my chores, made the dinner, tidied the house, so I can have a coupla hours playing. At least that I get things done!

Funny you say that Boneman, i've never played WOW because i'm terrified of being completely addicted, it really looks like my type of game but i'm already bad enough on the addiction level with other video games. I've purposefuly kept away from wow from the beginnig!