If there was a movie?

jennifer connelly fo Polgara is inspired...great choice!

Isn't Hettar supposed to be of the same race as Barak and Silk? I don't think that Sendhil qualifies, nor for that matter would Oded Fehr.

Mena Suvari is far too old to play Ce'Nedra.
Continuing in your 'Heroes' theme... Hayden Panattierre might be a better option.

Giovanni Ribisi for Relg is also and inspired choice.

As for Durnik, they can cast whomever they choose, so long as he remains firmly in the background since Durnik is the character i loathe most in either series. Prudish, Narrow-Minded and boring!

Ribisi for Relg, Jennifer Connelly for Polgara: both brilliant!
I think Patrick Stewart would make a really good Annias.

Devilsgrin: yes, Durnik's a wee bit dull, but he's the key to Belgarion becoming who he really is. If Durnik doesn't die, the rest of it doesn't happen! Cut him a bit of slack!

How about Heath Ledger for Ulath? (I think Ulath casting would be a time consunming and detailed process, as all the ladies here have a firm mental image!)

Eh, forget my last post up there (not like Durnik or Kurik are at all any way alike).

Giovanni Ribisi - anyone think he would also make an interesting Scarpa? He plays unstable very well.

I can agree with Patrick Stewart playing Annias, but sadly - I like him as a good guy. Though he does have a great range and would be terrific in that role. What about Malcolm McDowell as Vanion?

Ulath will most likely cause the most fighting. I couldn't go with Heath Ledger for him. Not .... barbaric enough. His order was a little rough, wearing only chain mail, throwing a preceptor into the harbor. How about Gerry Butler for the role? He did well in Beowulf & Grendel, and Ulath is kinda Scandinavian.

Ooh, I definitely agree with Giovanni Ribisi for Relg. Mind you, he could play a good Scarpa, too, although I can't imagine him with a beard. Jennifer Connelly as Polgara is an inspired choice, too.

Yeah, I really like Jennifer Connelly as Polgara. I couldn't see anyone else playing that part now. Would it be wrong to suggest David Bowie as Belgareth, even if it was a joke?

no, not at all!

And Gerry Butler could play wallpaper and I'd pay to watch! *sigh*

Jennifer Connely is good, but Malcolm McDowell would be an excellent Martel. Sort of an armoured version of the guy he played in Tank Girl.

Angelina has been mentioned for Polgara (probably by me) but what about for Zandramas? She's beautiful, but very distant and hell-ethereal. (Brain's not working, bad description)

Lol - I like the word hell-ethereal. It describes Zandramas very well, HH.:)

Now Malcolm McDowell as Martel: I can just see that!

Would he be too old for Martel though? Unless you were thinking a younger Malcolm?

I know Martel and Sparhawk are contemporaries, and I'd always worked on them being early- to mid-forties? I haven't seen Malcolm since Star Trek: Generations, so he may have aged a bit, I suppose!

BTW, thanks, Talysia :p

If time-travel for casting session is possible, Bonnie Langford (late 70's, early 80's) would be perfectly annoying for Ce'Nedra.

Have you seen some of his older work, 'Mutiny on the Bounty' and whatnot? Harris had a wide range of ability.

And time travel .... well now, that opens a wide closet of silver screen leading ladies to take a part in either of Eddings works.

Elizabeth Taylor (as she was) would make a great Salmissra, and her presence would be impressive in itself (I always imagined Salmissra to have quite a commanding presence - or something like that).

I don't think we've scared everyone off. Or have we? Nah, couldn't be...:)

I can see Elizabeth Taylor as Salmissra from about the time of Liz' Cleopatra... i mean, anyone else see a massive similarity between Sally and Cleo?

Oh, there's just that hint of similarity between Salmissra and Cleopatra. ;) And Liz Taylor of that era would make a beautiful Salmissra.

And I always thought that Natalie Wood could have done the role of Melidere justice. And Veronica Lake, never was there another Ehlana for me. Though I do find the character annoying there were great scenes - her speaking (the first time ever a Queen did so) to the churchmen and influencing the selection of the Archprelate, her and Alean kidnapped, etc. that I just think she would have excelled in.

Veronica Lake looks like she'd make a good Ehlana. She would be fairly important in a film about the Elenium, but the character isn't really active for the better part of the series, so maybe that would be less annoying?

I think it might be, and I like Veronica Lake enough that I think I would even overlook how annoying Ehlana is.

Just for the pure annoyance - Shirley Temple as Aphrael?

If anyone could play the saccherine and annoying Aphrael, then it would be a young Shirley Temple.:)

Edit: I thought I'd add the two suggestions I came up with last night, as they'd be more appropriate here. For Oscagne and Itagne from the Tamuli, I'd have Kelsey Grammar and David Hyde Pierce (Frasier and Niles from Frasier - perhaps in character). Not in appearance, but rather in personality/character.

Last edited: