The Darkweaver Legacy by Mark Robson

So mark do u have any plans on writing any new books like The Darkweaver Legacy??? Seeing as i have all of ur current books like imperial spy and imperial assasin I would love 4 u to write a new book so that i can read it . Oh and one more question do imperial spy and imperial assasin have any romantic element to them because i loved the trail of the huntress since my favourate character is Jenna it would make sense. Also i am a boy about 13 years of age from brighton. P.S. I have not finished the second book but I did get all the imperial books and the dark weaver legasy 4 xmas.i love dem
oh and wen dos the next imperial book come out??? all answers would be deeply apreciated!!! Thanks!!!:D

It's a phrase from The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy, one of my favourite books.

If I remember correctly, Mark is thinking of writing a series that contains the characters from Darkweaver, a few years after the events of that series. But at the moment he's working on the...crap...oh, I think it's called the Dragon Orb series (apologises, Mark, if I'm incorrect with any of this! :D)

Anyway, Mark will be able to tell you all about it in more depth when he makes an appearance, I'm sure :D

So mark do u have any plans on writing any new books like The Darkweaver Legacy??? Seeing as i have all of ur current books like imperial spy and imperial assasin I would love 4 u to write a new book so that i can read it . Oh and one more question do imperial spy and imperial assasin have any romantic element to them because i loved the trail of the huntress since my favourate character is Jenna it would make sense. Also i am a boy about 13 years of age from brighton. P.S. I have not finished the second book but I did get all the imperial books and the dark weaver legasy 4 xmas.i love dem
oh and wen dos the next imperial book come out??? all answers would be deeply apreciated!!! Thanks!!!:D

Thanks for stepping in, Hoopy. Yes, I'm deep into writing the first book of the Dragon Orb series now.

To answer your questions ... what do I call you? I'll go with MRF, as that does not clash with my sense of modesty too much! Yes, there is a romantic element to the Imperial series. I guess I'm a bit of a romantic at heart. I do have complete outlines for 3 books set several hundred years before the events of the Darkweaver Legacy. They would tell of the times of Derrigan Darkweaver - his rise, and fall. I have some ideas for a follow on series to the Darkweaver Legacy books, as Hoopyfrood mentioned, but at the moment they are still just ideas rather than complete story lines.

My current project, however, is set in a totally different world - a world of dragons, dragonriders and dragon hunters. I'm having great fun creating a world with a bit more scope than I've attempted in the past. It is also allowing me to bring in a lot of my flying experience and to do some fascinating research into areas I've never really delved before. I learned a lot writing the Darkweaver books, and a lot more writing the Imperial books, so I'm confident that the Dragon Orb books will really grab the readers' attention.

It's great to see you here MRF. I look forward to seeing you around again soon. :)

HELLO PEOPLE OF THE WORLD........
errm im REALY frustrated with myself I borrowed the forging of the sword of my best mate (vicky) and i have had it for a month now and as much as i try i just cant get into it (if you get my drift) i cant get into a lot of books :( and i realy want to get into it i loved imperial spy and imperial assasin there my fav books EVER can anybody help me ? (NO OFFENCE MARK I LOVE YOUR BOOKS im just VERY weird ?!?!?!?)
P.S i like colourful :p

Mark's writing style has improved immensely between each book, so don't be too surprised if the Darkweaver books don't grab you the same way as the Imperial trilogy.
I'm sure if you stick with it then you'll get to know the characters and be able to enjoy following them through their adventures :) Of course, maybe you're just not ready to read that book yet. People's experiences in life actually change their reading style as they can experience the author's descriptions in a different way.
Since it's a book, you can borrow it at a later date and try again... you can read it in your own time.

I love this series, and it is probably my favourite series overall out of all my books( of which i have a great many), but a new series has caught my attention which may just rival the Darkweaver Legacy( maybe not though...:p ) This series is called the Dragon Keeper, and as of now only two books have been published : Dragon Keeper, and Dragon Keeper: the Garden of the Purple Dragon, written by Carole Wilkinson.

But back to the point, The first book i got was given to me as a birthday present, because my Mum spotted you in Ottakers, a Bookshop in St. Albans, and recognised a series that had all the trademarks of my favourite books. The Forging of the Sword is the only copy i have signed, but i would have to say that the two books in the middle of the series, Trail of the Huntress, and First Sword, are the best.
i'm a big fan of the Darkweaver legacy in particular, but the imperial trilogy is turning out very well, can't wait for the last one! and the preview of the 'Dragon orb series' ( apoligies if that's wrong) is looking incredibly good.
can't wait for more books to hit the shelves!!

I'm sure if you want some more good reads to fill your time between Mark's books, he'll happily recommend you some!
And welcome to the chronicles network by the way :)

Indeed I can, Joel. If it's YA books you're looking for, then you could do a lot worse than try The Old Kingdom series by Garth Nix: Sabriel, Lyrael and Abhorsen, or the Bartimeaus Trilogy by Jonathan Stroud: The Amulet of Samarkand, The Golem's Eye and Ptolemy's Gate.

Perhaps my favourite series of YA books at the moment is The Hungry City series by Philip Reeve: Mortal Engines, Predators Gold etc. They are very well written, with great characters.

I also realise that I forgot my manners and didn't welcome you to Chronicles, Scarer19. (Thanks for reminding me, Joel) A belated hello and welcome. :)

While (stealthily) and artistically arranging Mark's books in Waterstone, I overheard a woman nearby saying that she'd read all of Eddings' books and wanted something similar. I asked if she'd heard of Mark Robson and she said she had his first two books (signed) but couldn't find the others. So I introduced her to the young adult section (shocking for an adult to be seen in there ;)), and pointed out the books just above "Rowling". She was most pleased and bought the next 2 :D

While (stealthily) and artistically arranging Mark's books in Waterstone,

Hehe, I do that as well...especially when crafty ones like Harry Potter attempt to lie across them, trying to look popular. So I shift them all out of the way so that Mark's books can be seen by all! :D

I consider it my duty toward you for writing such good books in the first place :)
I tend to recommend Rob Grant, Terry Pratchett, R. A. Salvatore, and quite a few others to whoever is browsing in their general genre too!

I love those books totally. The third one is the best:)! Is the series linking off the spy-Imperial Assasin-as good a read?

Thanks, Joel - it's always hard to answer a question like that, as everyone's tastes are different. How's a poor author to answer? Of course, if it helps, then perhaps the knowledge that certain gladiators from First Sword appear in the latter two books of the Imperial Series might make a difference to someone who particularly liked that book. :)

i still cant find the series in any bookstore, the guys that work in my local bookstore know my full name by now and probably every detail about darkweaver legacy, sad huh
my cousin's fault though, he was the one who got me hooked on these books, he is the only person i know who has a copy of them (i kinda ended up borrowing them for around 18 months *innocent smile*)

If you can't find them locally (Usually in Waterstone), just look them up on Amazon. They're normally around the same prices or cheaper I think. If you buy in bulk you can get free delivery! Assuming they're still doing free delivery on orders over £15 anyway.

I made a link to all 4 of the darkweaver books :)

Amazon.co.uk:

They do indeed still do the Supersaver delivery thingy (having just bought a load of books a mere hour or so ago and spent 'way over fifteen pounds! Although I have the excuse of their being university books!)