The Darkweaver Legacy by Mark Robson

I got the Darkweaver Legacy series for my birthday this year. In about 4 pages i was hooked. I read the first book in 2 days, the 2nd book in a day, the 3rd book took me 2 days and the last book took me 2 days, i couldnt put the down. they were great books, so much so that when i got them i mysteriously "ill". By the end of the week i had ordered imperial Spy.

Hmm, I don't know what your mystery 'illness' was, but I should say that it's probably the same one that struck me down when I first got my hands on Lord of the Rings. ;)

I'm glad that you have enjoyed reading my books, Red Phoenix. Have you any other recent favourites, or any other authors that you will be looking to read now that you have read my work?

Before i got your books i was reading Jonathan Stroud's work, now after im reading Garth Nix's "Sabriel", im not very far but i think i've got into the book now.

The Trails of the Huntress's Romance wasn't very good. The Storyline of it was really good. It was very well written, all of them was, especially the First Sword!

Aw! I liked the romantic element of Trail of the Huntress. I think it was what made the story work. Still - each to their own. It's interesting to note that girls tend to like Trail of the Huntress, where boys like First Sword. I suppose the themes are very different, so there was bound to be a difference somewhere along the way. What about the romance in Imperial Spy, though? Did you mind that?

Hi Mark! I met you in teh Mall in Bristol when you were signing books. I've finished all of the books apart from The Chosen One, I can't find it anywhere and it is really starting to get on my nerves. I really enjoyed the first three books and I'm sure the last is amazing aswell. You really should make a movie of the books...starring me

LOL! Nice to see you here, Sk8terboi421. Welcome to Chronicles. If you're struggling to find a copy of The Chosen One, you could always order it from amazon, but I'm sure that if you ask someone in either WH Smith, or Waterstones in the Cribbs Causeway Mall, they would be able to direct you to a copy. Both stores normally hold copies in stock, and could order very quickly for you if they'd run out.

Hi Mr Robson, long time no see!

I believe the last time I saw you was when The Chosen One was released - dunno if you remember me, but I'm Louise (one of those freaky ones who was always emailing you)... The Chosen One is still one of my most prized books!

It's amazing how much time has past... I guess that's what college and work do to you though..

How's the baby... or not-so-baby now I guess...

Atra said:
Hi Mr Robson, long time no see!

I believe the last time I saw you was when The Chosen One was released - dunno if you remember me, but I'm Louise (one of those freaky ones who was always emailing you)... The Chosen One is still one of my most prized books!

It's amazing how much time has past... I guess that's what college and work do to you though..

How's the baby... or not-so-baby now I guess...

Hey, Louise! (or should I say, Atra!) Great to hear from you. I wondered where you had disappeared to. Hope all is well. Are you still in the High Wycombe area, or have you moved on to pastures new?

As you can see I've made myself at home here. This is a great site for lovers of Fantasy and SF. I've been hanging around for a couple of years now and am beginning to feel like part of the furniture. I will be back in High Wycombe later in the year signing - you can check out when on my new website - www.markrobsonauthor.com Just look at the news page and you'll see the relevant date in the November events section.

My little boy is running around and bouncing off the furniture like a little housefly now! He's full of energy and a lot of fun. Glad to hear that you're still hanging on to my books. :) Have you tried Imperial Spy yet?

Hope to see you around the boards here. Best for now.

Mark

Yep I'm still in Wycombe (far too poor to move yet).

Unfortunately I haven't got round to reading it, I've only recently got back to things from before the big blank after searching through mail. Back then I ran out of things to say to you, and then got too stuck in work, etc, to notice anything else.
I'll be sure to get it when I have money, or from the library if they have it.

I noticed in another thread that you were coming here - hopefully I'll have read the book by then, after all gotta get something new for you to sign!

You have good memory.

Well by the time I come to High Wycombe the second book will be in print, and the third book will be finished, so you'll have at least a couple of books for me to scribble in.

My memory is not always so good, but I could hardly forget someone I'd dedicated a book to, could I? ;)

Nice to hear from you again. I hope you'll pop in and chat occasionally - it will be nice to catch up. As you will see by reading around here, I've had a lot happening recently. I'll not repeat stuff on this thread, but hopefully you'll think of a few things to chat about.

Of course you could always just win yourself a copy of Imperial Spy ... if you're lucky. There's a free entry lucky dip going on elsewhere on the boards. You can find it here: http://www.chronicles-network.com/forum/competitions/

There are no end of great books up for grabs. There's nothing to stop you from putting your name into every thread - you might win all sorts of fun reading material, and it's totally free. Good luck. :)

I'm not too lucky at competitions - I think I've convinced my boyfriend to get it for me though.

Mark Robson said:
I will be back in High Wycombe later in the year signing - you can check out when on my new website - www.markrobsonauthor.com Just look at the news page and you'll see the relevant date in the November events section.
Mark

Mark,

Is your new website up and running? Have you announced it publicly yet? If so, apologies - I must have missed it. Does this replace the Sword Publishing website, or are you going to run them in parallel?

Ooh cool website, I like all the covers up there straight away :)
Have to get some links to reviews or something.

Is it just me, or are Mark's fight scenes even more absorbing and edge of seat than even R.A.Salvatore's? (Who I think, is a master of 1 on 1 descriptions). Specially Bek v Serrius.

hmm, i just thought of an airplane quote. Surely you can't be Serrius? I am Serrius, and don't call me Shirley.

Patrick Mahon said:
Mark,

Is your new website up and running? Have you announced it publicly yet? If so, apologies - I must have missed it. Does this replace the Sword Publishing website, or are you going to run them in parallel?

Patrick, the website is running, though I've not really done any sort of announcement yet - maybe later today. It's not quite finished, though all the main areas are up and running. The two sites will run in parallel for the next few months, but I intend to eventually just shut down the Sword Publishing site and place a redirect there in its place.

Joel007 said:
Ooh cool website, I like all the covers up there straight away :)
Have to get some links to reviews or something.

Is it just me, or are Mark's fight scenes even more absorbing and edge of seat than even R.A.Salvatore's? (Who I think, is a master of 1 on 1 descriptions). Specially Bek v Serrius.

hmm, i just thought of an airplane quote. Surely you can't be Serrius? I am Serrius, and don't call me Shirley.

Links to reviews are on my list of things to do, along with links to other author sites. However, it will not take me long, as Brian has made it very easy for me to tinker with things like that. :)

As for who's best ... well I'm far too modest to get involved in a discussion like that!

Like the quote. As soon as I read it, though, an image leapt into my mind - the gladiator scene from Life of Brian, where the gladiator is chasing his prey around the arena and suddenly stops, places his hand on his chest and says ... 'I think I'm going to have a cardiac arrest!' I think it was because of the preceding scene where Stan decides he wants to be a woman and asks everyone to call him Loretta. :D

Last edited:
Ah, a true connoisseur of comedy! I've always loved the intensity of hand to hand combat and close quarter weaponry. Clancy's gunfights don't come close.

Lol, now it's surprising that you would say such a thing...especially with a name like that. :rolleyes: :D

Welcome to the Chronicles, markrobsonfan. Hope to see you around the site :)