Bran and his future???

Robbedo

Not been on here a long time but anyone got some views on what is going to happen with Bran???

One thing I would like to see happen would be for him to take control of Hodor's body and become a knight...

Thoughts???

Funny mental image, but Bran would be in as much peril as any. Remember when Hodor kept forgetting to duck when he went through doorways?

Maybe:

He will meet the 3-eyed crow.

He will meet his uncle.

He will connect with Arya through his Green Dreams.

He will wake the Children of the Forest.

He will lead the Wildlings into the Gift.

He will rebuild Winterfell.

We will be the true knight he always wanted to be.

Bran will never be a knight. He will be 1000x more important than a mere knight. Taking over Hodor seems macabre to me but I dont want to get into that.

Bran is Summer. Hes the new beginning for the North and the spark of hope that will hold Westeros together long enough for the Hammer (Jon) to crush the burgeoning mass of undead against the Anvil (Dany).

At least thats what I think but I havent put much thought into it...

I meant becoming a knight in the figurative sense. i.e. representing all the good qualities that knights are supposed to have. But in the end, Bran will sit somewhere of great importance. Maybe even the Iron Throne...

Ah TK....how I missed you and your softly tossed statements. Its like being a ding dong in the vending machine near an over-eaters anonymous meeting...sure its gonna end well most of the time for the ding dong.....but it just takes one time for things to go horribly horribly oh so horribly wrong.

So anyhow, according to your definition then, Bran is already a knight. His sense of right and wrong is well-defined, justice and fairplay as well. Whats left? Legs and a septons oil. I dont think he will ever get either and as such will never be the knight he dreams of. His goals and aspirations will eventually transcend knighthood and his opinion of them will mature to something closer to Sandors.

Thrones are not in his future, he is Summer. Im thinking that Stannis is gonna be the reason the Nightswatch is going to be destroyed, and Stannis is going to be thwarted in the end by a young boy with broken legs. Thwarted long enough for Dany to land and sally north, and Jon to rally the few lords still with fighting men into a guerrila action in the snowy expanses that is Winterfell.

Thats how I see it anyhow....but I havent thought about it much.

MMMMMM...Ding-dongs. I would of thought you more of a Twinkies or Lady Fingers kind of guy. My heritage demands that I revell in high-fat and high-sugar Vachon cakes washed down by a high-calorie Pepsi...MMMMMMM

Anyways, you know for a procrastinator, you took the words out of my mouth (or keyboard). I agree with you, although like you pointed out I think Bran is already what he aspires to be. Just in the figurative sense of course. He doesn't need legs. He only needs to realize this. Bran will lead an army and of the 5 kids, Bran is the one that is most in his father's image.

Stannis will be twarthed before Bran returns from beyond-the-wall.

I have been thinking about this alot lately, first respond to TK then add my thoughts.

Maybe:

He will meet the 3-eyed crow. I agree

He will meet his uncle. I agree

He will connect with Arya through his Green Dreams. I am of the belief that this will not happen until Arya regains her sight, and even so depends how much of herself she loses becoming a faceless.

He will wake the Children of the Forest. I am not sure they need awakening so to speak, but there will definately be interaction.

He will lead the Wildlings into the Gift. Will Jon allow it? A Bran v. Jon scenario perhaps?

He will rebuild Winterfell. He is the current heir, and I would like to see this happen.

We will be the true knight he always wanted to be. Similar to Aegon's comment but I believe he will surpass mere knighthood.

Bran I believe will be a major player in the fight against winter. I am confident he will be involved that if Jon and Benjen meet again it will hinge on Bran. I do not think Coldhands is Benjen, but more likely an ambassador for or an actual child of the forest. Osha had said while talking with Bran that children are still beyond the wall, and his talents for warging et al would likely be known by them, especially considering that there was a godswood in Winterfell that would allow them to "watch".

I think my interest in Bran is that I do not believe the dragon's are the solution to the others. The other's are not effected by fire, although the wights are, so fire isnt an effective tool for them. Granted the dragon's could burn swaths of forest but that would weaken the children. The dragons birth, in its use against winter, I propose is the parallel rebirth of magic. The candle in oldtown, Bran soon to meet Coldhands, and the awakening or strengthening of the children all coincide. The old ways will be needed to defeat winter, where as the dragons will be needed to conquer Westeros.

The three parts that I'm most curious about the battle with winter hinge on whether the wall falls. The others cant get around from the old magic in its construction. If the believed horn of winter is in oldtown, how do they manage to bring it down? If it does fall does winter finally lose again at Winterfell, or rather its ruins (if im correct the exterior walls are still standing)? And what role do the children on God's eye play?

Any thoughts?

I think Coldhands is an Other like the little girl in the child's story. Maybe a different Other from the other Others, though. There was a big deal made about her cold hands, so cold she could hold ice-lizards without melting them and touch the ice dragon without getting frostbite.

Bran will not take Hodor over in any permanant way. Hodor will be one of many many warg animals bonded to Bran.

Back