The chronicles word counter!

Typed into the computer 3,381 words – a complete section - of my Big Ship story, bits that had been written longhand over more than a week (though there are plenty more written and yet to be typed). No, I don't know how many words the total manuscript is, it's in several documents, with some duplication between them (chapters rewritten without eliminating the older versions, usually).

Still working on Inish. I'm on page 180 of 260 of YA-ing it. It's going okay. It's still going to have an adult pov, which it's much reduced and all adult pov scenes are about the YA story. It now has a YA romance. Gosh. Anyway, I'm hoping to get this finished and a read through for continuity by next Friday and then away. Eeep.

Yay! Done after a vey big push today to complete the final continuity. And out on a full request. :eek:

So, back to Waters in a day or two - i think I have earned a day off - and forget about it. I am learning....

Congrats, springs... Is always good to hear of a finished project. Gives the rest of us a nice boost and something to aim for/be jealous of :)

Bartley (working title)

Urban Fantasy novel

Status: 32,262 words. That's 6k in last 11 days, which, although slower than before, is still a good rate for me.

Get away all you speedy buggers with your mighty word counts. I've not touched two of mine for days now. Slowly rewriting the YA thing though, and it's now 68582 words of slightly-less-crap crap.

Get away all you speedy buggers with your mighty word counts. I've not touched two of mine for days now. Slowly rewriting the YA thing though, and it's now 68582 words of slightly-less-crap crap.

Congrats, springs... Is always good to hear of a finished project. Gives the rest of us a nice boost and something to aim for/be jealous of :)

Ah, but I cheated immensely. I already had it written, I just needed to tweak some pov stuff. :)

I've already got my YA one written, still taking me forever! It has so much wrong with it.

And now... I have... *rolls drum*

17,756 Current word count... Been a bit distracted this weekend. Managed about 500 words this evening. The boyfriend is out tomorrow night for a good few hours, so planning on knuckling down then. Slowly getting there, I suppose. (I'm just looking forward to getting my first draft out the way, and making it better)

I, Singularity is now 72, 201 words. Our Hero currently has nothing but a bikini covering her bare essentials, a flower in her hair, and rather a lot of someone else's blood all over her. She's also throwing up on the shiny shoes of two police officers...

"The Many" - still at 16k as I digest some more.

RoboCarer (not a great title and I'm still brewing on it) a short about robots and an idea from a 75 worder. 8k, a little slow on the word count but life does get in the way!

BGN is now 57,339 words! Going well. Lots of dramaz.

My own smaller BGN (I need more imaginative titles) is 13,774 and I'm pretty pleased with it so far.

The BLN has stalled completely.

The commission hasn't even been started. Oops.

YA rewrite The Kingdom of Malinas is currently with a lovely beta now that I've slightly de-crapified it. Sitting at around 68k.

And... TBM is giving me a headache with the first 200 ish words. Pah.

Yay! Done after a vey big push today to complete the final continuity. And out on a full request. :eek:

So, back to Waters in a day or two - i think I have earned a day off - and forget about it. I am learning....

The lovely beta is enjoying it, Mouse. :)

Okay, Waters and the Wild, I have finished a very drafty first draft. I know the end! Huzzah! 36,000 words which is really long for a first draft for me. I have an epilogue to add and an obscure psychiatric condition to research the treatment of (yes, an email will follow :D), and a scene to rewrite now I know why it's there. And then emotions, action, description... all to be added.

"The Many" - still at 16k as I digest some more.

RoboCarer (not a great title and I'm still brewing on it) complete at 10,745, which means I knocked out 2,745 words today - a record for me.

Sorry, Mouse.

Some polish, some beta's and grovelling with tea and biscuits (volunteers welcome).
And back to "The Many" afterwards.
Is there a thread that lists places where a little short at 11k would be welcome?

Feet up and TV, I'm done for today.

I've been working on a fanfic, can just say, it is wonderful. I've been working on it for a full week and it's almost at 10k words, a record amount of words for a first week for me.

Daughter of Death got stalled at 36k and the other thing, the Emerald of Broadway, got stalled at 3100.

I finished a little short scene for a contest and it was wonderful. It sits at 1322 words, completed. First thing I've completed in a while, even if it is short.

MC2: HKV
Epic fantasy sequel and that
140500 words and still rising
status: i can see the finish line from here. shame most of my characters are still alive. that, however, is very correctable...

Title - In Gold
Genre - Romance(attempted) with a little bit of 'beyond normality' thrown in
Word Count - 24,583
Start date - 5th June 2013
Status - full steam ahead, the first few chapters went by at a good pace, now stuck after a leap of a few years, re-imagining the characters from their younger beginnings. The first few chapters, it must be said, we're more planned out than much of the rest, which has only an idea of where I need to get, but that shouldn't take too much working out before im back on track. I think this one will be about 60-70k and hopefully it will be finished and redrafted by the time I'm back for my third year in uni at the end of September.

Title - In Gold
Genre - Romance(attempted) with a little but of 'beyond normality' thrown in
Word count - 36,412
Start date - 5th June 2013
Status. The full steam ahead didn't last too much longer. I realised I was coming close to the end, and didn't have anything for my character to do before he got there... Which would have been awful. So I stalled for a time, to have a rethink, and have decided to add a second POV from the other half of the romantic couple, so that will add new plot events, new character arcs and emotional journey's (plus kind of turns the straight forward romance into a more complex triangle :eek: )
So In Gold is stalled for the moment while I try and figure out the whole second plot. And as such, I'm a little study for what to do... Maybe some editing of a previous work, A Moment in Darness perhaps?

I did send my first novella, 'Grace', out yesterday to a publisher. I hope I did it right, and I hope they like it and pick it up. Exciting times, in the LittleStar household :cool:

KOM rewrite is now 68,398 but as I'm editing it's fluctuating between 68300 and 68500 so we'll see where it ends up. I need to do some more work on the synopsis for it from the comments here, but I need to leave that til after now. If, by some miracle, the lady from Simon and Schuster actually wants to see more of it, I need it done! Or presentable, at least. I'm getting happier with it.

My m/m romance, provisionally titled 'Shuttered' is now at 17,168. Really wish I could write faster because all the agents are on about on Twitter is LGBT stuff! Still, I want it perfect so slowly, slowly and all that.

BGN is a healthy 57,339 and is on hold as amw's off on her jollies.

My other fantasy is still stalled, though I read a bit of it the other day and actually thought it was pretty good, so I'll pick that up again once I'm done with Shuttered.

The commission... I still haven't started. I am a bad person.