The chronicles word counter!

Hello everyone.

The tentative title of my book is Falling Stars, and I have 8,000 words down. Let's see if I can imporve that word count. Today is May the 13th.

Gagh, and now I'm going backwards. The ending is drafted, and now I know where I'm going it's back to the start and starting the painful line edit and chapter by chapter building. Up to the end of chapter 3 63516 words which is 98 shorter when I need 25000 extra. Gah.

The Many - Start date January 2012
This is now 15/05/2012 - 28,800.

Not much of a jump forward but it's a restart after editing. Getting back into writing mode will take a day or so but that itch is there again, the writing itch - not the other ones!

Today 608 words. Woo hoo! Not done any for a little while, haven't had the time.

But TBM is now: 28883 words. (Including notes.)

I, Singularity is now 24,212 words. Some of them will not live to see the final edit. But for now, they live.

Picked the perfect location for my super hero headquarters. A very, very bad pun. :p

Okay, kicking up a little more; 67784. The first part is pretty close to where I want it, but last third or so is where I am now and it needs a lot added, plus it all to be tighter. Another week or two at this one, at least, i reckon, before I get to the point where I need a bit of space. At which point, number one is in serious trouble.....

This is now 15/05/2012 - 28,800.

Culture Shock
Start date 18/05/2012 – 1,550 (today!!)

It would seem some ideas can’t wait. I had not planned for two WIP’s but the urge took me. The Many needs a little research before finishing my current section, I will be an Oil Baron in the making before I’m done.
The opening of Culture Shock is a good one, I may even share it with you all in time!

Sunset over Abendau

71023 words, onto chapter 26, the rest has been edited. The next bit is the part where there's a fair bit of work to do, but I'm happy it's held together through this edit and most plot holes are ironed out. I'm aiming for 80000 words by the end of this draft, which is looking good. A little more, and I'd be even happier.

TBM 30,150 words! (Including notes.) But yay, only another 60k to go. :D Maybe I'll finish this year?!

Sunset; 75000 words and the end of the proper first draft. Working through it with alphas at the mo, so don't want to do too much more to it at this stage.

3rd book; no title yet, kind of starting to get a shape of what might happen, but not close to starting it yet, which means

Abendau's Children - lots of scenes to work on where I've seen from the sequel how they can be made stronger, also a few continuities to fix from the sequel, so back to it and see how this edit goes....

Sunset; 75000 words and the end of the proper first draft. Working through it with alphas at the mo, so don't want to do too much more to it at this stage.

3rd book; no title yet, kind of starting to get a shape of what might happen, but not close to starting it yet, which means

Abendau's Children - lots of scenes to work on where I've seen from the sequel how they can be made stronger, also a few continuities to fix from the sequel, so back to it and see how this edit goes....

Congratulations on the momentous achievement of getting to the end of another book. Just in time to focus on the big 2K post as well ;)

Well I'm at 11,400 words. And more importantly maybe, my plot structure is much better defined.

Provisional title: Black as Night
Genre: Fantasy (running out of fantastic things to create, though)
Word count: 100,208 (Hoorah!!)
Status: for the characters -- finally meeting and talking to each other
.......... for me -- wondering how best to kill someone, and who

Provisional title: Black as Night
Genre: Fantasy (though not many fantastical things happening just now)
Word count: 120,082
Status: for the characters -- fighting monsters, having panic-attacks,
.......... for me -- screaming silently -- 120k was my projected limit and I'm nowhere near finished

This is now 25/05/2012 - 28,800 stalled for now, considering reader comments. This is the foundations for what is to come, so lots of editing and restructuring ahead.

Culture Shock - Start date May 2012
25/05/2012 – 3,500

Leaves thread muttering about Springs and Judge, 'where do they find the time?'

120k was my projected limit and I'm nowhere near finished

Wish I could get like this! I'm at 31k and completely stuck. No idea how to fill the next few thousand. Doesn't help that today I've done no writing whatsoever, even though I'm home alone and the dog's asleep. Am I out enjoying the sun? No. I'm watching Ben Barnes vids on YouTube. :rolleyes:

I'm stuck every other day! Honestly. Actually, make that every day. The only reason I'm producing anything is that I've got over a dozen separate unfinished scenes all on the go as well as another half-dozen recently finished which I keep trawling over and amending, and I flip from one to another as very fleeting inspiration hits. I've no idea how they'll fit together or where any of them are going half the time.

Mind you, it does help a teensy bit that I'm not watching Ben Barnes vids all day... :p