The chronicles word counter!

I've been putting this off for awhile, soooo~

Title: [Undecided]
Genre: Fantasy
Wordcount: 3004 (laff)
Status: In progress; characters + ending details are only partway done as well.

I have about 3 others that I won't even bother to mention, because they (none are related to one another) exist only as plans at the moment. Perhaps I should begin titling things?

I'm only going to mention the ones I'm actively working on. There's just far too many at the moment otherwise. :D

I'm not going to work on all of them at the same time, obviously - that would just confuse the heck out of me. But these are the ones that have my immediate attention.

Since I'm out of practice - I haven't done much fiction writing in a long time - I would like a steady diet of pages, even if it's a small number, every day or at least most days of the week. Happily, hubby also notices when I write/don't write, so he also *cough* nags me.

Unfinished:

Novel: Basement of the Universe
Genre: Science fiction
Word count: As of today, 48578
Status: Total rewrite of the beginning (scrapped a whole lot to rework it), plus filling in the middle bits that I neglected earlier *cough* so I can then pass it on for editing to the hubby.

Novel: Shards
Genre: fantasy (my first)
Word count: zippo
Status: It's in plotting stage. I need to plot & plan the heck out of it so it'll be ready for me to write like a storm come NaNoWriMo.

Novel: Stranded
Genre: science fiction
Word count: zippo
Status: Need to finish plotting the heck out of it so it's ready to write, but since I won't be writing this until after NaNoWriMo, it's not as important.

Novel: Children of the Dome
Genre: science fiction
Word count: 22,260
Status: Need to work out the logistics of travel distances (OCD of mine, ya know) so I can finish writing the dang thing. Got stalled when I realized that I didn't know if group B would catch up to group A at the right time... But this is taking second place to Basement.

Hi everyone,

Current state of play for me, ideally 2nd draft finished end October Ha ha ha. End of year or I will be upset. Early chapter redrafts have been rewrites, then hitting just stuff to edit, so easier, and from memory end of novel ok-ish.

But gives me time to come up with series title. Something along the lines of Dance End Magic Time to at and of. Not happening really.

Novel: The Beautiful Child
Genre: Fantasy series 1st
Word count: 180,000

Novel: The Orphan of Darkness
Genre: Fantasy 2nd of Series
Word count: 25,000

Good luck everyone.

I'm currently going over my revisions to tidy them up, so this is where I am,

Novel: The Honour of the Knights
Genre: [Soft] Science Fiction
Word count: 103,000

So, getting there... Have to rework another chapter that I don't like next week too :)

Novel: The Watchers
Word Count: 4,326
Status: Just Startedit:planning and writing the early chapters, few characters sorted and I know how its going to end (roughly)

Word Count: 4,326
Status: Just Startedit:planning and writing the early chapters, few characters sorted and I know how its going to end (roughly)

Word Count: 5,262
Status: Started writing again after a large gap due to going back to university and having mountains of work to do (Literally)

Novel: Reever's Mark
Word Count: 10700 (according to the wonderful Works Word Count)
Status: gone right back to the start after a huge hiatus, having worked out at last how to simplify the backstory of the protagonist. very out of practice...

Novel: Untitled
Genre: Children's Fantasy Series - Book 2.
Word Count: Approx. 2,900 (I've been estimating as it's handwritten)

My aim is to write everyday & usually try for around 500 words.

Novel: Reever's Mark
Word Count: 10700 (according to the wonderful Works Word Count)
Status: gone right back to the start after a huge hiatus, having worked out at last how to simplify the backstory of the protagonist. very out of practice...

now 11500 ish. not at the right speed yet, but happy with consistency. gosh, i sound like a cook....

Title: [Undecided]
Genre: Sci Fi
Wordcount: 1503
Status: In progress; I have detailed character biographies for the mains and the overall "Big" plot and primary "sub" plot. Now to get my characters to their destinations. :)
Goal: 500-1000 words per day, I will be updating this every 2 or 3 days. Feel free to bug me to keep going!

Novel: Untitled
Genre: Children's Fantasy Series - Book 2.
Word Count: Approx. 2,900 (I've been estimating as it's handwritten)

My aim is to write everyday & usually try for around 500 words.

Updated Word Count: Approx 4,380

I didn't manage to write on Tuesday, but I've almost made up for it. Hopefully I'll be able to have another writing session today if it doesn't get to busy. What a model employee I am. :D

now 11500 ish. not at the right speed yet, but happy with consistency. gosh, i sound like a cook....

12500. slow and steady. looks like another 1000 before i converge with a chapter that just needs brutal reshaping rather than full insertion.

Unfinished:
-Novel?: ‘The Heart of the Wind’
genre: Fantasy (Epic)
word count: 284,000
status: on hold. (reason: put on the back burner until my partner and I finish our children's novel)

-Novel?: ‘The Isles of Atlas’
genre: Fantasy (Children's/Middle Grade)
word count: 52,805
status: Active (though progress is slow, as I'm also in the middle of finishing some commissioned art projects as well as dealing with a toddler who loves teaching Daddy the value of patience)

Current state of play for me, ideally 2nd draft finished end October Ha ha ha.

Well I laughed at myself and was right to do so, but reckon to pass out the baby to people in the next couple of weeks and get feedback on the story, only half of it but happy with that.

Intrigued, passing it to some people and have marked them as

fantasy fans and/or in the business
fantasy fans but personal relationships make me careful
friends who might read beyond the genre
those who will think it is hokum

Right then, I don't see the harm in sticking something down here now that I've started again. And perhaps it'll even help.

Thing: 'Narrative thread for main protagonist'.
Genre: Who decides?
Word Count: 1,736
Status: A pain in the a*se. Uh, I mean, it's in progress. Two nights' worth. Meh.......