What Anime and Animation are you currently watching?

Admittedly, I didn't watch all of Record of Lodoss War, either. The storyline jumped around far too much, and characters popped in and out from everywhere. I enjoyed it once I'd figured out how it worked, though. Legend of Crystania (the sequel) wasn't much better, but at least they set the scene for more fantasy stories to be written/animated in Japan, or at least to become more mainstream.

I am currently watching DN Angel. Just starting episode 2! It's really good!

Umm, these were the ones I was planning to watch:

Prince of Tennis-Nationals
Slam Dunk

and maybe....

Deathnote

Admittedly, I didn't watch all of Record of Lodoss War, either. The storyline jumped around far too much, and characters popped in and out from everywhere. I enjoyed it once I'd figured out how it worked, though. Legend of Crystania (the sequel) wasn't much better, but at least they set the scene for more fantasy stories to be written/animated in Japan, or at least to become more mainstream.

Oooh, I'd never even heard of that. Maybe I'll give it a try.

Watched Ghost in the Shell yesterday.
I'm not an expert but I think it was quite good.

I think I'll watch Ghost in the Shell again. I love that series. Oh, and Trigun. Or Rurouni Kenshin - Trust and Betrayal. So many favourites to choose from.:)

Hellsing (again!) Just a great anime series from start to finish.

Bleach (Though it really drags at some points)
Ouran High School Host Club (Just started watching this at animesoc, it's genius)
Full Metal Panic

I am currently watching DN Angel. Just starting episode 2! It's really good!
It was a cute show, but totally hinted shota yaoi.

Hellsing (again!) Just a great anime series from start to finish.
Have you watched Ultimate Hellsing yet?

Bleach has finally ended the gap fillers, Supposedly Naruto will soon be showing non-gap fillers too.

Last edited:
I finished Wolf's Rain a few days ago.
I really liked the idea behind it, how the world was built, and the storyline is good,too.
Besides that I loved how the wolves were animated.

For those who don't know it: it is a series consisting of 30 episodes and ... well ... it is about wolves :) .
The story is set in a vast distopian world. In the past the humans killed a lot of wolves and at the time the story is set it is commonly believed that they died out. But there are still wolves around who learned to adopt and live among the humans and they are all driven by one thing (which is not revenge).
I'll stop here sice everything else will spoil it for those who are going to watch it. ;)

If you want you can have a look at it here.

I've been re-watching Excel Saga. Absolutely stark raving mad, but funny.
Yeah that series was pretty funny and so many references to just about anything from old anime shows. I laughed pretty hard during the Fist of the Northstar scene with the guy dressed as Deijiko. Puuchu~

I love anime comedy. That's why Excel Saga appealed to me. Well, that and it spoofed just about every genre ever created. It's a case of blink and you miss some of the references!

There's a couple of other really funny shows out there. Photon, Midori no Hibi, Dragon Half, etc. Then there are those that have their moments or try to be too funny and just fail.

Dragon Half I've seen, a year or so ago, but only the English dub. Thanks for the tips about the others, though. I'll keep my eyes open!:)