The Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy (2005)

Re: Hitchiker's Movie updates

From everything I've seen so far, it seems that they are doing a good job. Although, one can never tell until it actually comes out. This is one I'll see in the theater though!

I've been impressed with what I've seen so far. The attention to detail with regards to the sets, costumes and design are what bolsters my confidence. If we have a fan-genius behind the camera like we did with Jackson on LOTR then we're safe, we shall see.

I loved the books, but I never saw the t.v. serise.. I do hope that they dont mess it it... to me, it always seemed to visual in my head to ever make a good movie out of it.. but hey.. thats what everyone said about LOTR, so you never know... ^-^

Hitchhicker's Guide...2005!

The AWESOME five book trilogy of the Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is being made into yet another movie! Being created by Disney, it is sceduled to be released May 6, 2005.

I've got mixed feelings about it. I liked the books so much, yet it's being made by Disney. I think it will turn out to be a disappointment if it's rated G or PG...but yeah...

for news on the progress of the movie go to http://hitchhikers.movies.go.com/movienews/index.html

;) sierra

Re: Hitchhicker's Guide...2005!

Did they use the original screen play by Douglas Adams ?

Douglas Adams was actually there for the beginning and helped them with the "set up" before he died...i believe his family is still helping out with portraying Douglas Adams's main ideas and what not...

sierradawn2466 said:
Douglas Adams was actually there for the beginning and helped them with the "set up" before he died...i believe his family is still helping out with portraying Douglas Adams's main ideas and what not...
Sounds great then... I'll certainly buy a ticket for this one.

i have seen press that they plan to stick to the 'spirit' of the original work. so i expect this one to be a total mess up and am going to stay as far away as i can!

The Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy

I'm really exited, have heard that The Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy will be out about summer of next year:rolly2: :rotate: :laugh2: :smokin:

Think how good it will be will depend upon how much of a devoty of the radio version you are and how badly the makers destroy the concept in trying to make it understandable to America.

We have a bigger thread for this in the Douglas Adams forum.

Hitchhikers Guide To The Galaxy... Trailer

http://www.apple.com/trailers/touchstone/hitchhikers_guide_to_the_galaxy.html

Nice start to the Trailer... Plays "What a Wonderful World" by Louis Armstrong... Then blows up the earth... :D But nothing about what is in the movie... :(

Who is playing what???

And I wonder what other treats are in store for us, as hollywood will re-write everything and bugger about with it... I won't have high expectations... :D

Re: Hitchhikers Guide To The Galaxy... Trailer

i've read that they are going to keep to the 'spirit' of the work. i'll wait for it to ocme to movie channels!

I also understand that Disney have something to do with it... :( That'll make it worthwhile...

A new HITCHHIKERS GUIDE TO THE GALAXY ride at Disneyland!!! :D

OMG, I'm going to go mad. get into camo gear and bomb the bastards (excuse language please)

Language excused this time... You have cause... At least there isn't a large purple dinosaur... YET!!! That'll be the sequel!!

I see Sam Rockwell is in the film... Hope he ain't Zaphod Beeblebrox!!!

Bet there ain't NO Brits in the movie and it is set in Southern California!!! :(

Meh, they'll probably start the movie in a macdonalds instead of a pub and arthur will be dressed in gucci not old pj's. Maybe we should attack the cinema?

The Master™ said:
I also understand that Disney have something to do with it... :( That'll make it worthwhile...
Sorry, but after their Pirates of the Carribean I'm willing to trust them with this...:D

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0371724/

It's only made by Disney in the same sense as Pulp Fiction was made by Disney, and it's being adapted from an oversized script by Douglas Adams by the same man who wrote Chicken Run. I have a few reservations but since there is no such thing as consistency in the H2G2 universe (compare the radio plays and books, for example) people complaining about plot changes from book to film will have to realise that this is a very different kettle of fish.

And the casting isn't entirely explicable, but at least it isn't crushingly-bad (or so it seems).

At last, we have a date for the launch of this May 6th. Thanks for the info, o great Master.

Leto said:
At last, we have a date for the launch of this May 6th. Thanks for the info, o great Master.
I love it when a woman refers to me in such a way... Major ego boost!!! :D

Ah, now will the film start in McD's or Starbucks??? HAHAHA