6.13: Sight Unseen

SG-1 is earthbound as they track down new aliens that have come to earth. Apprehension of these aliens is complicated by Vernon, a military vet and garage attendant who is rather paranoid of the government since being in the Gulf War. Sounds like MIB III . . .

It appears the episode will be humorous; the aliens resemble ... large, flying gastropods." (SG1_Spoilme discussion group)

"Something (possibly an alien device brought back from another planet) causes a civilian named Vernon Sharpe and anyone near to him to start seeing slug-like aliens. The aliens are harmless and usually invisible, but it's causing a panic. O'Neill, Carter and Jonas try to track down Sharpe so they can undo whatever is allowing him to see the aliens. (GateWorld news report)
I think we can use some humor! :laugh2:

For some unknown reason they've skipped eps 13 and 14 and they are playing this ep tonight, how strange!!!
I was looking forward to seeing ep 13 as well, oh well, thats Sky One for you.

Just finished watching the episode.

It is a bit of a humorous one, especially the scene where Sam and Jonas are asking Vernon's grandmother questions - the looks on their faces at a couple of points!

No idea why Sky One has messed around the play order - very strange.

Originally posted by Arc_Angel
For some unknown reason they've skipped eps 13 and 14 and they are playing this ep tonight, how strange!!!
I was looking forward to seeing ep 13 as well, oh well, thats Sky One for you.

It might be me that is wrong...i was trying to check it with Gateworld.net but I can't get on there.
I will check it out tomorrow when I have more time! :D

Ive just started downloading this ep and watched the opening part.
The gummybears opening music was put in place of the traditional stargate opening. It was the funniest thing ive ever EVER seen.

Finished watching.
Loved this ep. I really liked how JQ thought he was insane for a short time :D
Was I the only one who was expecting Jack to put on dark glasses and tell Vernon to look at the pen? :p

The JQ/SC bits were good too.

I loved the bit between Sam and Jonas when they went to see Vernon's Grandma, sweet :D

Its Smoke and Mirrors next week :D

Incoming wormhole. SG-1 return with an artefact, which is emitting energy. When will they learn?

Jonas see big ugly alien bugs, no one else does. He is removed from active duty.

Jack goes fishing, Sam studies the object, Jonas gets depressed, and Teal’c eats jelly.

Jonas is initially not believed and thought to be suffering from the Naquadriah poisoning. But then Teal’c sees the creatures too. Then Jack sees one, 30km from the base. Everyone sees them now. There is a possibility of mass panic and hysteria if the general public see them too.

A connection with the artefact was initially dismissed, but now they find that it allows us to see inter-dimensional creatures. Shutting down the artefact doesn’t work, taking it back through the Gate doesn’t work, and the creatures are still being seen. Apparently, the creatures are from Earth, but from another dimension.

They decide that the ability to see them must be passed on, like a contagion, or an electric charge, and they order the immediate isolation of anyone who had come in contact with SGC personnel.

Carter and Quinn re-arrange the configuration of the device to reverse the process. And that could have been the end of the episode.

I thought that re-arrangement was pretty good work, considering that they still had no idea what it does. They never expanded on the contagion / charge theory. It couldn’t be a contagion, as such, because wouldn’t it then be possible for everyone to be re-infected again? And if it were like a charge, surely by the time officers shook Jack’s hand, everybody elses hand, and then Jack touched Vernon it would have become seriously depleted?

However, one man, Vernon Sharpe, an ex-Gulf War veteran, who had contact with Jack, goes on the run. This allows for some comedy segments, with Sam and Jonas pretending to be a couple, Jack making witty comments and spinning tales.

Vernon: “Aliens from Melmack? Isn’t that the planet ALF came from?â€
Jack: â€Never saw it!â€

the best episode ever, no. but it certainly was enjoyable (bear in mind i watched the download...with the theme song for 'Gummibears' insead of the normal one LOL

definite bit of quirkiness.

another fishing invite, sam actually snarking off a bit 'let's be honest sir, you only asked because you knew i couldn't come'

sam eating yellow jello...which happens to be lemon flavored, and rodney is allergic to lemon????

slight nod at alf with the melmac thing, little spoof of men in black

we get to see the hanger from redemption again, just with no nifty fighters this time

anyone have any idea if the dude in the airport talking about his script means anything?

slight hint of things to come or things from the past, mentioning that jonas' naquadria poisoning has been a concern

and, well 'the new guy' is official i guess. jonas says 'i am the new guy'...and that was a phrase that was FIRST coined here.

all in all, an enjoyable 41 minutes.

and....can we lose the cloaked spoilers please? we're in a thread meant for discussion about the eps. if anyone doesn't want to be spoiled, what the heck are they doing here?

That Gummybears music was classic :D

Jaffa sarcasim made me smile too :)

last week we get thor making a funny, this week it's teal'c.

earth humor is definitely catching

Teal'c is definately catching on, his humours gettign better, I loved the bit last week with the icecream, the look on his face, I couldn't stop laughing :D

LOL...yeah, something like that.

I have a question:
Do you guys have an 'Anderson Air' in america?
I wondered, 'cos when Vernon hid in this plane in the hanger and looked out of the window there's written 'Anderson Air' in tiny letters.
Just wondered if that was a little inside joke or if that airline really exists.

I actually wondered if that was perhaps RDA's own plane. I don't know if he actually has one, but seeing the emblem did trigger the idea. Having lived in the Vancouver area for about a year, I can tell you that none of the logo's on those planes were very familiar. Didn't ring any bells with this viewer anyway...

Average ep. C+
My main complaint is that there were far too many shots of RDA in his car - this must have been another of his 'light' episodes. I did, however, really like all of Jonas' scenes. Particularly the 'new guy' interplay with him and Sam.

Another thing - when Hammond asks Carter if she thinks the device is safe, wasn't anyone else thinking of that device they brought back to the SGC way back in s2 or so, that ended up pinning O'Neill to a wall??? I mean, HELLO, it may not be obvious whether or not something is dangerous or not if it is technology that you have no experience with.

Originally posted by Tabitha
I mean, HELLO, it may not be obvious whether or not something is dangerous or not if it is technology that you have no experience with.
You're a knocking, but noones home :D

Where would the fun be if they didn't bring this quirky stuff back to base and nearly kill humanity each time? :)

I know, I know... Expediency overcomes common sense yet again. It just seems like they should have learned from their mistakes by now. *shrug*

Originally posted by Tabitha
I actually wondered if that was perhaps RDA's own plane. I don't know if he actually has one, but seeing the emblem did trigger the idea.

Thats just what my mum said when we were watching the episode....

I was unsure if he would have his own plane or if it was just a joke of some kind....I guess we might never know! ;)

Back