What was the last movie you saw?

Rewatched Hidden Figures [2016]. Still an enjoyable film. For some reason, I felt I had to, after hearing the news of Katherine Johnston's death. Don't know how accurate to real events it was, but I like it as a film. The three leads are just great. Costner and Dunts come out okay too and nice to see Sheldon having a day job...
And somehow... Yogi Bear [2010]. Just don't. The only part of the film I liked was looking up who I thought the actors were to see if I was right and what I remembered them from.

Marjorie Prime. A slow burner of a movies that warrants a second viewing. Nicely filmed.

The Star Trek: TNG Films [Generations, First Contact, Insurrection, & Nemesis]
They are good films, but there is nothing exceptional about them. They are, however, and for me, still better than the subsequent reboot Star Treks...

An absolutely terrible film, and, no, it has nothing at all to do with H. G. Wells than to steal the name of his book.
If you think that was a terrible film, you would not like Robo vampire (1988) either. With a title like that, how could I avoid watching it? I found it rather funny; there was no other reason for watching it. As a retired guy, I have time to kill; I would not expect too many working people to waste time watching such trash. I wonder if it lost something in translation, because the plot was difficult to follow.

Drug smugglers kill the wrong cop, and he is made into the title character. Vampires hop around as though somebody tied their shoe laces together. :LOL: Oh, its a Chinese type martial arts film. There is a sequel!

They hop, it's horrible, it's Robo Vampire ---*-- stay tuned for part 2 - Devil's Dynamite!
Mar 11, 2019
Robo Vampire 1988 - bad dubbing we got, and vampires that hop. Like bunnies they hop, arms outstretched, these weird vampires... but it's all about the drug trade baddies and the anti-drug agents, and a silver Robo guy, who... I can't quite remember, but he fights the vampires a few times. Hi-speed ridiculousness, bizarre sound FX, terrible dubbing and dialogue, set in Phillipines. To stop the vampires you can... put a piece of paper on their face, some money or something. Oh, there's a witch of some kind too, soulmate of Peter, who might be a vampire. Watch this one if you have a real need to feel confused.

Last edited:
The Foreigner (2017) Great Jackie Chan film. Intense movie, heavy drama and excellent action flick. With a villain played superbly by actor, Pierce Brosnan.

1582737183966.png

OH MY GOD!!!! This should probably be posted in 'shout your frustrations' but last night I saw 'Call of The Wild'.

Utterly convinced that Harrison Ford was jealous he never got to appear with jar jar binks, so he accepted this movie. Embuing all manner of dogs with human expressions, and the worst cgi of animals I've ever seen was not the worst thing about this movie. No, RUINING forever my memories of a book that captured my 8 year-old imagination so vividly, so incredibly that I read the book over and over until the library demanded it back. This book was a portal out of grey, boring post-war Britain, and it transported me into an amazing world that I could only dream about.

The movie is a putrid pile of dogs**t, absolutely pathetic, and should be reported to the RSPCA for cruelty to animals for its portrayal. Honestly, spending the entrance fee on dog food and donating it to kennels would advance the canine world about a googolplex more times than this pathetic excuse for entertainment.

TRUST ME: AVOID THIS MOVIE

OH MY GOD!!!! This should probably be posted in 'shout your frustrations' but last night I saw 'Call of The Wild'.

Utterly convinced that Harrison Ford was jealous he never got to appear with jar jar binks, so he accepted this movie. Embuing all manner of dogs with human expressions, and the worst cgi of animals I've ever seen was not the worst thing about this movie. No, RUINING forever my memories of a book that captured my 8 year-old imagination so vividly, so incredibly that I read the book over and over until the library demanded it back. This book was a portal out of grey, boring post-war Britain, and it transported me into an amazing world that I could only dream about.

The movie is a putrid pile of dogs**t, absolutely pathetic, and should be reported to the RSPCA for cruelty to animals for its portrayal. Honestly, spending the entrance fee on dog food and donating it to kennels would advance the canine world about a googolplex more times than this pathetic excuse for entertainment.

As soon as I saw that they were using a human to play the dog I marked this film as avoid at all costs.

I saw some behind scenes film of the movie and there was a guy doing his best Andy Serkis imitation as the dog.

The problem with the commercials I've seen is that it's so obviously CGI -- the dog, much of the background -- that a story about THE WILD, that is about the nature of the dog when out in nature, seemed deeply compromised. Ford looked like he was giving it his best shot, and he's a good actor normally, but the look of the ads just turned me off. Maybe better to watch the old Clark Gable version. Or, I don't know, maybe reread the book.

Randy M.

My Neighbour Totoro. I have seen it before a few times. It's like taking a happy pill. Mission accomplished.

Ouch. And I was happy to hear they made it. Poor Buck.

Aniara

A pretty good foreign language Sci fi movie. A bleak but interesting ending. If only we had time.

Devil Dynamite... (part one) One half-hour into this, no idea what they... the dubbing... the hopping..
The silver-suit... I guess he's the Robo part... but... and , I'm pretty sure part two of this review will be equally discomprehensive, because, these vampires, they hop see, and you can stick paper on their face to stop them... for some reason. .. but there aren't really words... * Still, may be more entertaining than, say, - Call of the Wild.

The Personal History of David Copperfield
Walked out after an hour. Found it disjointed and characters one-dimensional. Disappointed as I’d loved the trailers. Sumptuous and great actors, but both of us thought it really dull.

The Personal History of David Copperfield
Walked out after an hour. Found it disjointed and characters one-dimensional. Disappointed as I’d loved the trailers. Sumptuous and great actors, but both of us thought it really dull.

In the UK, if you walk out of a film within 15 minutes, because you don't like it, you can ask for your money back... Might actually be more than that, but worth looking into!