6.07: Once More, With Feeling

no one's posted here?

well - i will --

potential spoilers ahead ------ >

considering this was the first full episode of Buffy i sat down to watch -- just couldn't pass up watching the cast sing through the episode -- (and i saw the edited/cut version that aired the Friday after the 1st run) -- it was rather interesting --

have to say i was very impressed w/ ASH's and JM's voices --

i don't remember much about the storyline 'cept that some spell was cast that caused them to sing their true feelings (or something like that)

[Highlander II: ...this was the first full episode of Buffy i sat down to watch...]

Well, I'm not sure that the musical makes a good first episode, but I'm glad you got your first Buffy under your belt, so to speak. Hope you have many more - only 110+ to go.

[Highlander II: have to say i was very impressed w/ ASH's and JM's voices --]

Don't forget Amber "Tara" Benson and Emma "Anya" Caulfield. They both did good work. I also noticed, because I've watched this one about a dozen times, that Emma is a good dancer as well. Probably developed in musical theater.

[Highlander II: i don't remember much about the storyline 'cept that some spell was cast that caused them to sing their true feelings]

You got it. The bad guy isn't as important as the revelations. When people sang, they were forced to sing only the truth (except, I think, for the woman trying to talk her way out of the parking ticket). When they ran out of things to sing about, they danced until they burned.

oh - i've seen many more episodes since i saw this one --

including most of season 5, half of 4, all of season 1, and much of 2 and 3 (the "Angel-heavy" eps that FX aired btwn x-mas and new year's) --

so - in bits and pieces i've seen most of the series --

as a 1st episode to see - it wasn't bad -- i had seen bits and pieces of a couple episodes prior to this one -- i saw parts of "Hush" - and some other things too - but the show never really caught me --- until this past thanxgiving -- and i've been 'hooked' ever since --- thanx to Spike!

Amber Benson was good - not sure about Emma Caufield -- i'd have to see the ep again - but all i have to say is don't let Xander sing any more ---- ;)

i'd like to see this episode again, but i have to wait 'til UPN runs it again -------

I loved 'Once More With Feelings', Anthony Head has a good voice, apparently he's been in musicals in England.

Joss Whedon wrote the songs and music. Is there anything he can't do?

There were also a lot of little things like the dancing janitors in the background, or the people joyously singing about their dry cleaning that were LOL.

[Jobeth: Anthony Head has a good voice, apparently he's been in musicals in England.]

Actually Tony had a long-running part as Frankenfurter in Rocky Horror Picture Show, if you can imagine that. I found a picture on the web from an old album cover, I believe. I host it on my website - here's the link

This eppy rules .. i saw the behgind the scenes today .. tera doin the love song . wooooooow .. she got a beautiful voice . ...i think im in love lol

:eek: to Giles in Rocky Horror!!!

I liked this eppy..I'd been apprehensive about the whole musical thing.. but i liked it

Some good fun routines, and esp the ones from Giles and Tara about them leaving..

And that kiss :eek:

well the song with tara and giles was amazing . i wish i could get a cd with that on . well cool .. and buffys song .... : In to the Fire" . was really cool it said loads about her feelings and her friends .
And taras love song is so good .. shes so talented

Now I don't want to get off on a rant here but...

I must admit this is the first eppy that made me cry. And that don't happen very often. I love the fact that they decided not to get "real" musicians to dub over the actors songs. It really adds to the believability of the story. When Buffy sang about being in heaven and I saw the look on Willow's face I just lost it.

Also, I have the entire eppy burned on a CD complete with the dialogue. I recorded it with my Minidisc player and then burned it on my PC. It turned out really well and will tide me over until they release the soundtrack (which rumor is they are going to try to do) and the DVD.

oHHH so cool .. cant wait for s4 box set to come out ... or 5 or 6

im finding it hard to get s2 atm

i so want to hear the tara love song in good audio :)

I must admit this is the first eppy that made me cry. And that don't happen very often.

the one that got me bad and made me cry was The Body

ouch .. ,made my eyes really really really soar

Have read on Sky text the full version of this episode is to be shown on the 14th February on Sky One. I personally can't wait. I've seen glimpses of it and am on tenterhooks waiting to see it.

annette :D

get a box of tissues hand . u will be needing them :crying: :crying:

Thanks for the warning, mind you anything sets me off these days. :crying:

annette :D

no prob . but u will need them lol

i cry every time i see this one

I must admit I was a little worried about this episode but it was fantasic!!!

The first half had me laughing so much I was crying....it was soooo funny.
And Giles, Tara, Anya and Spikes voices....wow they were so great and the dancing that went on was also very good too...;)
Really like the song with Xander and Anya...very funny.

The song where Buffy told them all she was in heaven and not hell was a little sad and had me nearly in tears....poor Buffy.

But overall a really really good and funny episode...apart from Giles singing about leaving...*sob*

:D

it sertainly was one to remember
this is by far my fav eppy next to Primevil
and i love taras song with giles . and with willow .. amberbenson has a fantastic voice .. shes very talented

yeah, great ep. Always a pleasure to hear Giles sing :D Loved the bit with Anya and Bunnies :D :D

But did anyone else think that it was a little odd that Xander didn't attempt he called the demon, especially when they wee singing their 'I have a theory' song - wouldn't he have been forced to admit the truth. By the way, loved the Buffy verse of that song, so sweet. :)