Fave Character

also curious since this is a character thread who is Morwen?

My fave is of course Frodo! He's got the whole "I've got what it takes to do this, even if I don't really want to but I have to" sorta thing going for him. Plus he makes good decisions. then is samwise cuase he's so funny, and then legolas cuz he's like so pure and stuff and who can't like an elf(cept maybe dwarves but that's older than all of us.), then gandalf cuz he's got the magical outlook going for him (and I just love magic). Then Bilbo(who could forget him?),then pippen I liked what he says in the movie about someone smart going... hee-hee then Merry. then Gimli cuz he sorta grows on ya and oh Galadriel was interesting. I don't see her in your poll...

Gollom is quite prominent in the last book, meaning he plays a big part in tricking Frodo and Sam.
Remember a certain spider? A certain giant female spider?
G.

No no Cant say that here! Cant say that here! You trying to ruin it for me! this is only a part one section! I'm not that far yet! I'm not that far! I've only read the first book so far! besides the Hobbit. please no spoilers! I'm just starting reading part two today. Please I want to read it for myself!

Yeah, I have to agree w/ Asmiley here.

We haven't read all the books yet (I'm rereading Hobbit now, and yes, I am almost done, tyvm). If you want to talk about the other books, they do have their own little sections now, so go there!

;; <sniffling> Don't ruin it for us. Even though I know about Gollum, and how the journey ends, and how things are resolved in ROTK (grr, spoilers spaces should be in conversations, too).

Asmiley:( My most heart felt apology here. I should have titled my post such as a spoiler. No, it's not ruined for you. There are so many wonders,
and you don't even know about what happens with a certain aracnid.
Please accept my apology, and I will be mos careful what I post about the series from now on.
G.

Originally posted by Arwen
also curious since this is a character thread who is Morwen?

Ya know, I was wondering the same thing myself. Anyone have a clue about that??

I had to vote Pippin/Merry, cause Pip is my all time favorite character. I first read the books about 17 years ago and have read them at least 20 times since (Including once right before I first watched the movie and once since), and Pippin has always been my favorite. I'd have to say that Sam is my next favorite with Legolas coming up close behind.

NOTE: The amount of spoliers is very high. Asmiley, can you as Supermod make that a spoiler please?
In answer to the 'why not such and such' this is in the FOTR section which limiths the characters somewhat, and I could only put 10 options A mod could add 2 more

Galdly do it for you skip so who should I put in? there are many that we could add. many many many many more. i don't think we could fit them all even if we tried. the poll might take up a page in itself if we put in everyone.

I also fixed the spoiler thankyou Galadriel for the apology. I forgive you. from now on when you want to put in something from another book (actually it can aply to any thing otherwise that may be considered a spoiler as well) put the following

Originally posted by Padders

If you are posting spoilers please add the following tags around the spoiler:

(spoiler)

your text here

(/spoiler)

but replace ( and ) with [ and ]

An example let's say for the Hobbit would be:
Bilbo makes it home to find his home being auctioned off and the things within it as well.

viola it works! all hail sir padders for it is he who made this possible!

Galadriel, defo. Erm, dont think any Haldir or Cele fans. Use your discretion, Asmy
Oh and from now on, people should use spoiler space and I'll point you out any that don't:D

yaaaaa!!! more possibilities, also just curious how does one go about getting a mod position, or is more like supply and demand?

I Wanna be a Mod?

For anybody that is interested in being a Mod, the thread to look at is on the announcements page under No Requesting to be a Moderator or here http://www.ascifi.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=7311

Broadly be good and well behaved chaps and chapesses in the discussions, try not to let them wander too far off target for too long (like this one has and I will get round to pruning; if I hit your favourite post then I apologise in advance) and generally help keep the discussions ticking. Then you will be noticed. Remember it's not how much you post, it's what you post!

More Mods will be needed for a number of forums. LOTR could be one of them (Skip and I are here temporarily, because of the very lively debates).

Glad to see Legolas is still winning, although I am surprised Arwen didn't get any votes...she was kule!

Originally posted by Legolas
cos Aragorn luvs her and not you?:rolleyes: :D

*SCREAMS* NO!!!!!!!!!!!!! thats not true and u know it!!! TAKE IT BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: