Stargate Atlantis.. spin off from stargate

Yaaaaaaayy

I want more news .. lots of it .. now. ;)

But I guess I'll have to wait. At least the plan is there and it all looks like it is moving ahead as intended.

I'm glad the concept of the show will not be ending with the departure of RDA at the end of season 6.

Let's hope it is fresh, exciting and .. out there !

:cool: :cool: :cool:

You Guys are amazing, I can see now that we at SG1 must develop some kind of security protocol, have known of Atlantis for over a year and a half, but it was supposed to be confidential.
Must terminate all comm immediatlnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn

It looks like stargate Might be heading the way statrek is today , they have like almost 10 feature films and spin off series in between and stargates heading towards making there second feature film with a second spin off series after , which i am looking forward to watch even thou the original cast won't be in it

I can only hope we could do what those at Star Trek have done, multiple movies and series, I still have fifteen years left on my mortgage....Besides this has got to be one of the BEST damn gigs in television.

I dont think that anything could even compare to Stargate SG1 and i dont think that Atlantis will be half as sucessfull but good luck to them all :)

Thanx for the links Padders :)

The Atlantis part?

Hmm, sounds like a throw back to Macgyver - The Lost Treasure of Atlantis

Oh you saw that movie? That had to be the one of the funniest I have ever seen, but then anything with that damn mullet hairdo of RDA's in it is funny.

I don't mind the idea of a spin off, and I'm delighted that the concept of Stargate will live on, but the name is rather tacky I think. Are we going to discover underwater Goa'uld now? With gills and webbed feet maybe? Or is it that the Ancients were Atlanteans and have been here all the time?

There is so much scope here for ruination of a good idea it's kinda scary.

I will reserve judgement until I see it.

:cool:

Funny, the concept of the Ancient's being directly or related to "Atlantis" has been postulated (well okay, by me) in one of the threads in the Technical forum.

Does this mean someone high up has been listening to our illiterate ramblings, or do great minds think alike.

Or, more likely, it's just a coincidence.

I could be wrong on this, not being a Trekkie, but Star Trek never did anything Atlantis-y, did it?

Sort of new ground, I suppose. Not really tackled by other shows. It must be getting real hard to find a new idea these days.

And Anni, there was a time (an awful dark time) not that long ago when the mullet was a BIG favourite here in Australia. Even now, when we should know better, you can still find them lurking. It was not a good look. On anyone. Including RDA.

Does this mean someone high up has been listening to our illiterate ramblings, or do great minds think alike.

Or, more likely, it's just a coincidence.

I disagree, not about your great mind :D , the coincidence bit ...

I remember ages ago in the times of sg1.net when we had a discussion about a stargate under water and how it would technically be possible. Guess what ... "Watergate" was created, coincidence - I think not ;)

Originally posted by Sphinx
I remember ages ago in the times of sg1.net when we had a discussion about a stargate under water and how it would technically be possible. Guess what ... "Watergate" was created, coincidence - I think not ;)
There are major players from all the arts who actively participate in the internet in all its forms...

This cuts both ways, and at least one major UK author now avoids newsgroups to escape any possible money-grabbing (or other) claim by someone suggesting THEIR usenet ramblings or idea has been used a future novel...

The opposite could hold true - writers of various series could be lurking around newsgroups or BBS looking for ideas, twists or sub-plots.