I'm looking for a book too... :)

SPUCK

Okay.... I read this book 15 years ago it wasn't a new book but not "old" either.

The focus of the book: A guy comes to. He's in a dome/force field with a mass of other humans. Aliens have taken over the earth. A large part of the story revolves around the complex social problems the humans experience being caged and how the 'hero' deals with them. Eventually he gets out and goes for the aliens. I think....

Anyway it was very well done. A "can't put it down" type book. I want to read it again and have my kids read it.

Any help greatly appreciated.

Hi Spuck, and welcome to the chronicles-network!

As for the description - hm, a little vague - this is a common theme. Could it be "Battlefield Earth" by L Ron Hubbard?

I said:
Hi Spuck, and welcome to the chronicles-network!

As for the description - hm, a little vague - this is a common theme. Could it be "Battlefield Earth" by L Ron Hubbard?
That was my first thought too, Brian. Although the waking up caged with a mass of other people doesn't quite fit. Hmm. I'll have to think on it.

That almost sounds like an Anne McCaffery book I read. Except the hero was a heroine. I can't remember the name...something with Freedom in the title.

Thanks for the ideas.

Brian,dwndrgn, Thanks for the welcome.

Toooo vague. Hurummff!

Here's more.?. The hero becomes a liason to the shadowy alien overloads.

I will check "Battlefield Earth" the title sure sounds right. I have
read an L Ron Hubbard book in the past tho I don't recall which.

erickad: It was definitely a guy...... <grin>

I'll get back on B.Earth.

SPUCK

negative, Negative, NEGATIVE!! NO JOY! I repeat: NO JOY!

Tiz not Battlefield Earth... <sniff>

Still searching...will get back to you.