searching for a series

i have a tough one. i am after a series of books, 3 i think, and they are about a guy from the present day that goes up into the mountains to get his mother some seeds for her vegetable garden. i think they are in poland or romania or somewhere like that. whilst up in the mountains, he stops at a pub to have a couple of beers and when he looks for the toilet, he goes through a door and comes out in the medieval times.
whilst he is there, he teaches them how to make electricity and grow vegetables and because he is an engineer by trade, he teaches them all mechanical things as well.
i cant remember the name of the author or of the series and have been looking for these books for over 5 years!
i really need help on this one! pleeeaaase!

I've not come across any series myself fitting this description. However, what you're describing here almost sounds like a mix between Jack and Beanstalk, Gavagan's Bar, and a combination of L. Sprague de Camp's Lest Darkness Fall and Mark Twain's A Connecticut Yankee in King Arthur's Court (Twain's being set in medieval times; de Camp's in early medieval Rome). I'd be interested in hearing more about this series myself....

Back