Searching for a series, no title/author of course

Nate08

Hello,

A little over 10 years ago (I think) I read part of a series that I found used in a box at the library, and now for the life of me can't remember what it was called or who wrote it.

Major plot points as I remember them:

-Post-revolutionary setting, monarchy had been overthrown and slaughtered with the exception of a son who was beleived to have been killed ala Anastasia

-Inter-stellar travel

-People with a certain genetic make-up were able to do battle with swords that had pins in the hilt that peirced the flesh of the persons palm using energy from the body to power the sword

-According to my scattered memory one of the cheif "villian" of the first book is a military commander, related to the deposed monarchy but betrayed them during the revolution.

If anyone has any ideas this please let me know.

Thanks!

I know this, by weis or Hickman (they normally write as a pair but on this one they didn't) and I'll find it in a minute

Well it's made my day because I only thought there were three books and now I've looked it up I realise there's a fourth. So thanks to you I've got another one to enjoy.

Way back when I owned copies of the first three, but I was never able to find the fourth, so it will be a new reading experience for me as well

Back