The Hurricane of Danger

That is a really cool story, Great Ideas in it. The dragon was funny! Bonkers! Ha! Ha! I mean that in a nice way, you know, not a nasty way.

It is great, this is my story!

Once upon a time,

A bird flew in the sky,

The End

i faintly renember you saying that you type out the stories when she dictates it out to encourage story telling, have considered using some of the speech reconition software? (it works really well)

That's a great idea, Charles - I did consider it, but more for myself than my daughter. I would like her to be able to write and spell correctly on her own before learning to rely on technology. She has progressed a long way in the last few months and is now writing quickly enough to enjoy writing her own stories down. Her spelling will continue to need work for some years, but she's getting better in leaps and bounds. It won't be long before I have her writing my stories for me!

Last week my wife and I went to a corporately sponsored 'day at the races' event. The food they supplied at the event came in beautiful, wicker hampers - one for each person, which were just the right size to become a writing box for my daughter. She is currently away staying at her grandparents, but I had a fantastic time today filling the two hampers. The first I filled with lots of 'fashion stationary' that should appeal to her (lots of pink love hearts and sparkles!). The other one I filled with items to spark stories. It was this one that I had the most fun with.

I found one shop in particular that had lots of great items in. I got her: a lovely nugget of fool's gold, an angel's feather (it came with a certificate, so it must be real!), a magic ring (mood ring that changes colour when you wear it), three sets of matching necklaces in different colours (said to have once belonged to three princesses), a magician's amulet, a dragon's egg and a wishing star (a glass star with the image of an angel ghosted within it). I can't wait to give it to her now.

Mark Robson said:
I found one shop in particular that had lots of great items in.

Mark,
Where do you do your shopping? I must clearly frequent very different shops from you! Do tell - my daughter is currently only 3 years old, but in due course...