Post your art in the gallery!

:) Thought so. I have an Intuos 3 (a5 size - one down from yours) and it is a good tool. A lot of my stuff is rendered 3d so I don't get to use as often as I would like - I use it mainly for texture maps and my other hobby digital photography.

I must spend more time with it though as I am sure it will improve my work.

Cheers
Steve

Wow - just checked out your site. Great stuff! I also notice you use Photobox. Have you found that to be a good outlet for selling prints? I'd like to generate some print sales of my own. Any advice you have would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Well, the answer is no - not really. BUT I have to say I have never marketed any of my work as I don't think it is quite up to standard yet.

However your work is very professional and marketable. If you are prepared to market your work then Photobox will do a good job of printing and despatching your prints for you. I have used photobox for printing out both digital photos and A3 prints of my artwork and they do a really good job. Very fast too, especially on standarrd prints. I can upload prints at 2PM and they are often delivered next day. Awesome :)

Basically, Photobox could do the physical service very well form you, but my advice would be to market your work yourself as Photobox does very little if anything in this respect. Thay are a service provider really eather than a sales operation for their clients - if that makes sense!

Are Photobox in the US too? I assumed that they were in fact a UK based business - but I could be wrong!

Thanks for comments about website - I must update that sometime :)

Best
Steve

Brian,

I was wondering if it would be okay to create a gallery of artwork that we own with this feature, or would you rather see used exclusively for art that we create with our own hands?

...cant get it to upload...keep getting a critical error...something about creating the jpg pic...and I AM uploading a jpg.....
dim

dimeolas said:
...cant get it to upload...keep getting a critical error...something about creating the jpg pic...and I AM uploading a jpg.....
dim

Same here.
Ive tried both JPG and PNG and the option to retrieve images from a URL. :(

Pardon the neophyte, but I am failing to see any options for either creating an album or for posting pictures therein. Am I supposed to have a certain post count before I can post pictures...?

Oh wow. I hadn't realised there was a gallery here. Good thread find. One question. How does this work?

Okay, same here - there is no POST button that I can see - what gives? Wanted to post some of my art, but it's not possible at this time - any idea or answer as to what's up?

Darkwolf

I PM-ed Brian (the forum owner) about this and he says the database needs updating. I've to keep bugging him about it until it's sorted. You see, some people have an "Upload" button in the gallery, and some people don't. I'm one that has the option missing, like some of you, too.

So it will get fixed -- if I can remember to keep reminding I,Brian about it. :)

You could always PM him too.

To what are you referring? Do you mean "How do you post pics in the gallery"? Or "How do you post pics in your posts"?

If you mean in your posts, then you press either the
insertimage.gif
button, which will let you insert an image from a website address, or you press
attach.gif
in the "Go Advanced" window, which will let you upload images into your post.

Some Art Dump!

Hey guys, new here!

Some quick PS sketch art:

go toidrawgirls.com

I try to post the images but it doesn't allow me, I have to have 15 posts.
Oh well, your lost!

Back